Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there even room?!
I always thought this would be a great swap, much better than a power adder for the 2.5.
The Altima although being a larger & heavier car, is much faster AND has nearly the same fuel economy than my SE-R Sentra Auto.

Imagine the torque!

· Registered
801 Posts
It definitely has been done. Only one person has perfected the swap and probably has done it +10 times. It's using the 6spd the SpecV to make things simpler. The guy is Travis. His company is FI-R located in LA (the state).

a whole list of threads concerning engine swaps (vast majority being VQ):

B15 Engine Swap - MSV

· What is Seven Ten for?
4,744 Posts
Travis does great work. It'll cost you 5 grand and you drop you car off and pick it up. Also, the only difference in the maxima and spec V tranny is the final gear, not a big deal. Actually if you're auto it may run you a bit more.

But yeah, theres room, however he does switch from puller to pusher fans to make enough room for it all to fit.

He's also done a few more then 10, I'd say its easiliy closer to the 20 mark. The only thing you lose is Cruise control, everything else works as stock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.