Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a few parts that i'd like to get for a 90 XE sentra 4 door, some of them i can't get from the dealer cause they are discontinued. if you happened to have any of these parts, i'd like to purchase them from you.

first: a rear driver side door handle for the outside. the handle is chrome. not a hard part to find, but it's damn near 50 bucks from the dealer.

second: a lock cylinder for my gas tank door. i can't find this anywhere on the net.

and last: what i think is called a striker? it's the piece that my trunk latch latches to and is located behind the licence plate. it looks like something i could have made with a flat washer, but one of my sentra's doesn't have one at all and i'm tired of screwing my trunk shut haha.

another thing: i'd like to know if i would be able to install a center console with a box because it looks like my seat belts would stick out too far to get a console like that in. i've seen these on the internet and wanted to know if anyone else has done this and if it works without being heavily modified to fit.

thanks to anyone who can help

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well, the door handle you can get from partstrain.com for about 3-6 bux, they have the stainless steel ones and the all plastic ones. if they dun have anymore, I can hook u up as I have a spare nissan sentra, and the junk yards here are also loaded with them! the gas tank thing i more or less can get for you, but you'll more likely need to get a key made for it. n the latch for the trunk i could possibly also hook u up with but I need u to discribe to me what exactly it is ur want. As for the box thing, I would assume it would work out if its made for it without sevear modding... as for ur seat belts, are they the automatic ones or manual? you know our sentras seat belts are rather unsafe in the 1st place, as they had a recall on them, it might be wise to invest in a decent set. anyways, u can get in contact with me at [email protected] but please write B12 Sentra in the subject so i wont assume its junk mail

-Fix

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you could find the lock for the gas tank with a key that would be great. and how would i go about getting a key made for one? the trunk piece i need is located right behind the licence plate, it's what the latch in the trunk lid attatches to when it is shut. kinda looks like a square washer.

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
if you could find the lock for the gas tank with a key that would be great. and how would i go about getting a key made for one? the trunk piece i need is located right behind the licence plate, it's what the latch in the trunk lid attatches to when it is shut. kinda looks like a square washer.
are you talking about a locking gas cap, or a a locking cap cover? cap covers have the same key configuration as the door locks. as for locking gas caps, they don't come stock on anything, and they cost about $10 at a parts store.

·
off topic VIP
388 Posts
get your misc ext trim at any junk yard... they have chrome handles n locksets.

first off, with any '90 car, u will run into problems with the interior due to those door-mounted belts. If u want to run a better center console, u will have to backdate the seats to an 88 or earlier car, to make room for the console.

heres a list:

from a normal sentra sedan:
b-pillar trim w/seat belt reels and belts
seat belt buckles

88 or earlier sport coupe:
fully adjustable sport seats
center brackets (1 per side, they bolt on to the tunnel)

if ur gonna go to the trouble of all this, the least u can do is get the best seats available for the b12. thats why i recommend the sport coupe seats.

as for the center console, one is available for early sedan bodies. in the junk yard, just look for any sentra that has full color-coded bumpers and u'll likely find a nicer center console w/opening storage box/armrest

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well my doner car is now goin to the junk yard, its an 89-90 model 2 dr nissan sentra manuel, I was gonna swap out the transmissions as mins is auto, and mine is in better condition. and sides I think the 88 and back squarer shape (believe it or not 89 and 90s are slightly more rounder) but the squarer shape looks better and reflects paint jobs a lot better. I'll see what I can take off of it ASAP my retarded sister is gettin kicked out of her house so I can no longer keep it in her storage. hopefully my fathers friend who owns some of the largest junk yards in NC wont mind me keeping it at one of his lots as I take parts off it... so anything you guys want, Contact me ASAP, and i'll see what I can do.

-Fix

1 - 8 of 8 Posts