Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been having a bitch of a time trying to track down a small quantity of 5/8" aluminum tubing (like a foot or two max) in the Portland area.

I've called all over the place and they'd either have to order it (metal supermarket) or they would have to sell me 12' of it (for $60 or more)! The other stores that have it only have 1/2" and 3/4"...

This is the last piece I need for my CAI, and I would hate to have to order it online, seems like it wouldn't be that hard to find it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Aaron

·
Registered
131 Posts
did you try maybe Schnitzer steel.. they might have some scrap pieces they can give you for cheap.. i will talkto some people for you and see what I can do..

you are still goign to Roseburg right??

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but I think I found something that will work. Its between 5/8 and 3/4, so it'll work. The only place I found 5/8 aluminum tubing so far is parkrose hardware, but it was way to thin walled.

Yeah, I'll be at the roseburg event (http://www.eescc.org/ for those who don't know), but I probably won't have my new spring in for any event this season.

Aaron

·
Registered
154 Posts
Suburban Ace has stock steel, aluminum, and other crap. I did see aluminum tubeing, I'm just not sure if they have 5/8.
They are out in aloha 185th in TV highway.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Joshb13sentra said:
Suburban Ace has stock steel, aluminum, and other crap. I did see aluminum tubeing, I'm just not sure if they have 5/8.
They are out in aloha 185th in TV highway.
Thats exactly where I found the 1/2" tubing I needed - but no 5/8". I also checked out Parkrose Hardware, and they didn't have in what was probably the largest selection of metal I've seen in a hardware store. That place has a lot of stuff!

Anyway, I happened to find enough at the shop of the welder who welded the fittings on - talk about luck!

I've got it completed and it looks pretty decent, I'll start another thread when I get the pictures put together...

Aaron

·
Registered
354 Posts
luminus
do you race eescc. cause if you do and you have a white b13 then i may have met you at an ice breaker a number of years ago. i had a red b13. anyway if this is you did you run isuzu impulse wheels

if this is not you sorry

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cranium said:
luminus
do you race eescc. cause if you do and you have a white b13 then i may have met you at an ice breaker a number of years ago. i had a red b13. anyway if this is you did you run isuzu impulse wheels

if this is not you sorry
You met a guy named Tim - he sold his white se-r a bit ago. Although, yes, I run EESCC as well. Try to get in as much autocrossing as possible. :)

Have you seen http://www.nwsr20de.com ?

Aaron

·
Registered
354 Posts
hey thanks for the link. and now that you mentioned it i remember his name was Tim. i raced for a couple year but that was in 97 and 98. since then i haven't had the money for some good tires. autocrossing is my first love.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts