Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok in the past I had an issue with a hard starting problem that appears to have returned? I did not want to cry wolf but it's back.. I have a 96 Sentra with an automatic. The car has 240K but a used engine and trans combo were installed a couple of months back and all was fine. Recently it has started to act up again mileage has started to tank and the car did not want to start when stone cold? I have noticed some erratic idle as of late so I popped the hood after work to have a look see. I fiddled around with all of the connectors and when I got to the solenoid that aids in cold start (forgot the name) I pulled it off and low and behold the idle won t back to normal? I t seems a s though the computer is calling for this to be on regardless of engine temp.? Guy's I thought this solenoid was to aid in a cold start condition? What else triggers this to engage? So the car ran so much better I removed it and drove home with it unplugged. I have zero CEL's? Shouldn't I have got a CEL after pulling this plug out with the engine running?? I have always thought that the computer was fluky now I am really leaning towards it being the cause of most of the issues with this cars cold starting and overall poor performance?? Any ideas fellas??
Thanks

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmm I am sitting here thing about this problem and it almost seems like the engine is stuck in an enrichment mode? Cold start mode? I mean it aways seems to have a rich smell it has poor performance and the butterfly bypass is always calling(on). Is this possible? What have I overlooked?? Anyone have a spare computer I can try???

·
Registered
485 Posts
Sorry havent been looking around. Not much to offer other than it sounds like you have def found a highly possible cause. All that is left is to get another ecu and try it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts