Nissan Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You know Ian I am completly stumped? leaking injectors?That would mean the cylinders or cylinder was full of fuel? nah I dobt that is the case the engine had crap for milage??? If anyone has a known good spare ECU please step up and let me know.

·
Registered
734 Posts
If anyone has a known good spare ECU please step up and let me know.

i dont think it will work but i have a '94 ecu. is yours a obdII?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks Green Bean but I really am not sure if it will work? If I found out I'll let you know!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well guy's I do believe that I have found the culprit! Tha f---ing distributor was not doing what is was suposed to do!! You know I alway's hated those Mallory Unilight distributer's!! The Nissan ga16's is similer! I new this little turd would move faster that it had! I changed out the distributer and timmed it up bingo that was it! Not real sure what caused it but I'm happy! Now I need to see if this was the cause of the cold start in the AM.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hell yeah. Good to find an end to your issues and now we have a place to start at quicker. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,271 Posts
Pleased you found it !!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well I was so pleased with the additional performance of this little turd that I went out and put the OBX header that I bought a while back on and while doing so found something interesting?? Some clown did a previous repair on the intermediate pipe,it seams that there must have been a very large hole in the pipe,rust? Well this idiot decided to install as many bolts through this hole as it took to block it up and then welded it up. Well this friggin thing was virtually plugged with 3/8 and 1/4 inch bolt's!! They just about cut the exhaust flow in half! It's no wonder this poor thing ran like sh-t!! Heck I was so pleased that I took out the drill and punched a whole bunch of holes in the air box and then went for a bit of a blast. I will say that it was a real big improvement! I can see this little engine moving out when under pressure very nicely!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
yeah its amazing what these little engines do man. There not fast but they please me well.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts