Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have been talking about it alot lately.....and finally i have it.....i have my new b13 se-r fully bolted.

the lighting makes it look pink, but this is a prosche red (macco) job.

greddy cat back with an RS*R tip. sounds GREAT.

the engine is pretty dirty, but i just bought a steamer and im going to put some ammonia or simple green in the water. thats a hotshot CAI and hotshot header.

two of four 110% sand blasted (i used aluminum oxide) se-r wheels that will soon be duplicolor graphite wraped in falkin zeix 205/50/15.

i will be cleaning the engine, full detail of the paint (clay bar, wax, polish) i have 2 new rear OEM shocks and i am ordering fronts. i need to fix the power steering, put on a new lower left door hinge, and replace the rear calipers. even with these minor fixes it still out brakes, out accelerates, and out handles my 99 gxe.

·
Back away..slowly.
833 Posts
Looks good! I hope you'll be happy with this baby now, I know I would be! ;)

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
thats really nice, i envy you now, i have a black 4 door xe, best of luck to you, but im working on my s13 now, so im going to be busy. good luck, and congrats, its sexy.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just bought a can of duplicolor trim paint, im gona hit the side mirrors, wiper cowling, wiper arms, door handles, and i have black plastic dye for the mud flaps (which will not be coming off because i think mud flaps are the best thing ever......keeping the car clean :thumbup: ) and im going to paint the valve cover a nice shiny/deep red useing that "anodizing" paint.

the engine is proving to to very hard to clean, it has over spray from the paint job all over it. im going to get some ammonia and put a few cap fulls into my steam cleaner and see if that helps. if not im going all out with the grease lighting. and i also bought about 5 cans of advance auto parts brand sound eliminating under coating that im going to use in all the wheel wells, trunk, and under the rear seat.

·
F.I. Section Whore
896 Posts
:thumbup: That's some hardcore rust right there! If I were you I'd think about setting aside one Saturday afternoon to take that header out as well as the intake.. those thing are rusted like crazy! Get some sand paper and primer and the color of your choice on them!

BTW I love your car, I bet it's gonna look even better after the trim paint job is done. Grats again!

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea, its all mostly surface rust. i am going to paint the CAI with a wrinkle finish like tim did. as for the header idk if any paint will last in that exact area because it gets so hot, and i dont want to smell burnt paint every time i drive.

·
F.I. Section Whore
896 Posts
Barbeque grille paint, :fluffy:

How did you blast those wheels? They look really clean. I have no idea how to do that.. what tools did you use?

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i used a "scat cat" sand blasting box and aluminum oxide. the box took forever but got the job done on one. these are my neighbors tools, he noticed how long it was taking and he took them to work where he has a sand blaster that could be used as an assult rifle. heres the break down
1. nut shells <for taking off paint on plastic or very light paint.
2. glass < for light surface rust
3. sand <for heavier paint/resurfacing
4. aluminum oxide......like useing gravle! the stuff is amazing, its so course it took all the curb rash off my rim! but test it on the rear first to make sure your ok with the finish it leaves, its close to useing 150 grit sand paper. honestly, this stuff it crazy, it poked a hole in my finger threw the felt glove. :waving:

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
Looking good. Welcome to the world of the SR20.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jaralaccs said:
dammit i thought I was gunna have a ga to race when I got to uti.
ha HA! ...........

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
those wheels are VERY CLEAN..damn dude, really nice job on them.

·
Have I Hit 12's Yet?
5,325 Posts
did the sandslasting take the rims oldpaint off easy? im going to be sandblasting my stock 1.6 wheels soon and dont have aloto f time to do it

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
myoung said:
Good news... now you can stop the post whoring in the GA areas and move to the SR area ;)

I keed I keed.... kind of..

Good luck with your new ride... :thumbup:

That engine bay needs some serious TLC
geh, cant "whore" the sr section per say, no one posts in there as much.

i used amonia in my steam cleaner and it works pretty well that way.

·
Registered
851 Posts
i hate you :mad:

actually, i just wish my b13 E looked like that it has a painted front bumper thats actually red :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^ go for it

i may, but right now i need to do some work to this one

1 - 20 of 45 Posts