Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is off topic but just a quick question...

I've been wanting to trade in my rifle for a handgun for a LONG time and I'm trying to decide which one I want. For starters I want it to be under like 4-500 bucks if possible so nothing spectacular. Second I want to keep it at 9mm because a friend of mine has a 9 and we want to go camping next year together (we can swap ammo). And lastly I don't like compacts... Finish and looks are not that big a deal, just want a cheap handgun instead of my big ass .30-06 winchester which can't be fired anywhere within orange county!!!!

·
West Coast Redneck
1,127 Posts
James said:
Yeah I was hoping there'd be some other gun ppl on here... I remember there was a cop on here b4...
That cop is the other forum moderator...97sentragxe. hehe

Edit: I thought you were a moderator too, James ;)

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I haven't talked to Eric in a while... Well I'd love to have a .50 cal but that's the reason I'm selling my rifle... Too powerful. In orange county if you have a gun like that you need to drive your ass like 75 miles out to shoot it at some podunk range with no rules or regulations... I just want something practical nowadays. I used to live in Colorado where I could shoot up in the mountains at anything that moved or didn't move!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've heard good things about Springfield Armory's new XD line. Relatively inexpensive, good quality, and accurate. They've been compared to Sigs and Glocks as far as overall quality, so that speaks highly of them. As far as I know, they're really good guns, they just don't carry a premium for their name the way Glock and Sig do.

·
Bow down BiAtch >;o)
1,356 Posts
get a glock :D

·
Banned
809 Posts
id like a pistol underneath my seat, so the next time i get bacon backup, i can clear up the backup quite easily :).. wait.. thats too mean... actually.. whenever i do my drive bys... no wait.. thats worse.. yikes.. i want to kill a deer.. havent done that in a while :)

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
Can't go wrong with a Berretta 9mm. My bro. in law has one that I use all the time, (basically mine) and its balanced Perect!! I swear there is no better 9mm than a Beretta. Glocks are not my cup of tea. If you don't plan on putting your handgun through torture, then there is no point in getting a glock. Thats what glocks are good for... abuse. But I myself take excellent care in cleaning, so I couldn't give a rats ass about having one. Although I do have a 40mm glock sub compact. Its not my favorite by far though.

Check out http://www.jgsales.com/ for good prices on ammo and weapons.

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I looked at the Beretta's too but I hated my military issue enough to never want to shoot it again!:p They're nice and I can disassemble one backwards upside down and drunk but I want something a bit lighter.

Nismoprincess has a Glock? For real or you just playing?

As a side note I don't believe in using guns to settle any roadside dispute... purely for practice and defense.

·
Niss-Nut
160 Posts
The Beretta is kinda heavy , always thought that if I ever ran out of ammo I could throw it at the target.:D
A used Glock doesnt sound like a bad idea but I wouldnt recommend it if you use an ankle holster. Its too bulky to conceal .

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
James said:
All desert eagles are semi auto, gas operated.
that and the fact that you got to be a "big ballin superhero" to own one, or you got to have connections out the wazoooo, plus do your own reloading. And then its still not cheap.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts