Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a t30 2004 2,2 4wd . I have taken it for MOT and the offside(uk , righ side) drum brake is ineffective. I have stripped down both brakes discs and drums on the rear. The right side I have new shoes, new hand brake cable. I have adjusted Handbrake lever to 6 clicks and both drums to 6 clicks back from lock as in the X trail CD. The garage says left one is perfect but soon as its applied its as though something gives on the right side, I have removed drum and the system is operating fine without load. The only thing I can think of is a) cable is twisted somehow B) I had to file the hole and the end of handbrake cable to fit into the joining link before handbrake lever but, I did it on both sides.I am stumped as what it can be.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,222 Posts
Hi, I have a t30 2004 2,2 4wd . I have taken it for MOT and the offside(uk , righ side) drum brake is ineffective. I have stripped down both brakes discs and drums on the rear. The right side I have new shoes, new hand brake cable. I have adjusted Handbrake lever to 6 clicks and both drums to 6 clicks back from lock as in the X trail CD. The garage says left one is perfect but soon as its applied its as though something gives on the right side, I have removed drum and the system is operating fine without load. The only thing I can think of is a) cable is twisted somehow B) I had to file the hole and the end of handbrake cable to fit into the joining link before handbrake lever but, I did it on both sides.I am stumped as what it can be.
I would suggest you download a section of the FSM for your vehicle. The section is PB.PDF where there are diagrams of the parking brake system. You can download it from: 2004 Nissan X-Trail PDF Owner's Manuals. There's an anchor block inside the wheel brake assembly; insure that it's there. Also inspect all the brackets along the length of the cable; insure that they are all fastened.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts