Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, just a simple stupid quick question.

If the passenger side high beam doesn't come on but everything else does, could it be the passenger side ground?? Does length of wire matter on the ground (longer wire = worse ground) I would have just pulled everything off and checked the bulb but I ran out of light. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sethwas said:
are you using the relays?
If not check the connections and bulb. (fuses too)
If so, the relay's fried.

Seth

Yep, using the harness with the relays.

Wasn't able to check the connections or the bulbs, or the fuses cause it got dark, but will look first thing in the A.M. If the relays fried, can I pick one up at the auto store??

Thanks seth.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sethwas said:
It's cheaper to just cut the relays out of the system and hook up the 3 wires (high low ground) to your existing headlight harness in the fenders (high low ground)

Seth
but if I cut the relays out, then all four lights won't be on when I hit the high beams, right?? What are the advantages/disadvantages of cutting them out??

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
matcapir said:
but if I cut the relays out, then all four lights won't be on when I hit the high beams, right?? What are the advantages/disadvantages of cutting them out??

got a chance to look at it in the daylight. I cut the ground wire in half because it was originally extended by the person I purchased them from. I also took out the headlight and messed with the high beam bulb (inside) and that seemed to do the trick. It must have to ground or connect a circuit on the actual housing or something (not sure though) and it just took a little moving and it now works beautifully. Thanks Seth. Relay is safe for now!!

·
what?
2,704 Posts
matcapir said:
Nope,
If you cut the relays out the feed that comes from the headlight harness will power the lights. So the high beam will only come on when you push the light stalk forward.
It's cool when you do the 'flash' like on the highway. Because the outer go off and the innergo on and then back again. Gets people's attention when they are sleeping at the green light.

Seth

1 - 7 of 7 Posts