Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear o2 sensor on the cat tore off about a month or two ago, and at first everything was fine, mileage was normal, etc.

Then after 2 weeks, it started getting bad... really bad.
Whereas I was getting 350 miles to the tank (35 mpg), it went down to 250 miles per tank (~20 mpg).

Then this last fill up, my CEL finally came on, and mileage has gotten back to normal, about 35 mpg.

I plan to keep it this way unless I fail emissions :D

·
Registered
500 Posts
Actually those numbers are worse than you think. Sentras come with a 13 gallon tank, not a 10 gallon tank. I used to think it was 10 gallons and divided my trip odometer time by 10 and thought I got my mpg, but it's actually lower than that.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, but I don't divide the trip odometer by 10 or 13.
I always fill the tank, I divide by the number of gallons shown on the gas pump.

·
MFCoEJ Juror
242 Posts
You maybe running lean. The leaner you run, the better the gas mileage cause your using less gas. Get it checked out or theres a valve job or worse in your future.

·
Ive got a pickle 4 an arm
340 Posts
i agree taht doesn't sound good. i'd replace the o2 sensor.

as far as tank guage - for me just under 1/4 tank is the 10gal mark. thats where i usually measure from. may not be exact exact but it makes for a consistant average plus considerin how many gals the pump says i put in, its pretty close to me. i do fill up at that mark, i dont' wait for the light or empty mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts