Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts

Hey,

I just finished the same conversion. Are you using the 4wd gearbox or a 2wd one? I used a 2wd and had to get axles ( the left side is the hardest to locate ). I used all the gtir shocks springs and brakes on my B13 also. Any info. you need just let me know.

greg

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
hey, i am in the middle of doing this swap right now heres a link to a g20 forum which as u know is basically a b13 and it helped me with every problem i found and showed me a few i would run into . if u read the whole thing it gives u explanations on which wires to splice and some custom brackets on accelerator cable and i think axle support

http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18100&highlight=gtir+swap

theres a few links within this link that show u one persons whole swap with pictures step by step and thers a diagram that really doesnt help much but jgy customs has a sweet lil diagram for vacuum lines that run behind the intake manifold which im guessing are normally disconnected

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
now i dont know, ive been told that the awd tranny will work with modification...is this true...im gonna be getting the front clip...will there be anything else i need...thanks

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
no, it won't work, (the awd tranny)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i have to buy the se-r tranny or a g20 tranny...damnit....that blows...thats gonna cut into my budget big time...anybody know where i can get one for cheap...not now but around the end of july

·
Registered
275 Posts
HELP FULL STUFF HERE

Ok i'm currently putting a GTIR into my SE-R (B14). Unless your setting up your car for AWD and are going to retunnel your exhaust piping tunnel to make room for the drive shaft and your exhaust to be there. The best tranny to go with is a 2000 G20 (p11) set up and you can go to car-parts.com to locate a tranny anywhere in the U.S. Now you will need a wiring harness from a 95-97 SE-R and some of it will have to be re-wired to make work. you will also need a upgrade MAF Sensor, TPS Sensor, Clutch, Flywheel, Fuel Pump, Boost Gauge, a FMIC because unless your cutting your hood with a scoop the TMIC is useless. Here are some write ups that might help you. I hope that this info helps you in your swap. Good luck.

1.6 to 2.0 write up
http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=87887

B15/P11 tranny install write up.
http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=97257

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im getting the front clip, i can use just about everything from that...what cant i use...what else do i need...

·
Registered
275 Posts
If i'm not mistaken if you use the Stock GTIR ECU and Wiring harness you'll have rewire everything under the dash which wont be fun. But might be wrong because you are a OBD I. I honestly recommend, that you use a SR20 (SE-R harness) and get the ecu out of the same car before you start install send your ECU to Jim Wolf Technology because you will need it reflashed. Which its like $600 to get done, now if you want to save 100 dollars send it to JGY and they can get it done for $500. The flash will help the engine and computer work with the car. If you follow those write ups i gave you, you should be fine. this is my first swap ever i'm doing so its fairly invovled i've done as much homework as possible to get this done i'm just waiting on the clutch than i start assembling.

·