2,719 Posts
time wise?

that's really depending on your driving skill

id say probably a high 14 if its running well and your driving is good

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A high 14.. why such a high time.. I got a non-turbo honda civic that does 13.3 all motor.. (gsr motor 1.8) is it cause ill loose traction.. if I put on my drag radials will it at least be in the low 13's

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
just because its boosted dosnt always meen its faster, you say its stock as of now right? those numbers seem dead on to me.

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
you said a stock sr20det pushing 10lbs?

you might be in the low 14s if you have a good clutch and slicks

i dont see you getting deep into the 13s tho
a friend of mine has a B14 with a DE-T pushing 8lbs and a few other goodies (FMI, BOV, injectors, etc.) and he just barely trapped a 13.9

but, again i could be totally wrong

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i do got a few things i didnt know a front mount intercooler made a differnce.. this is wut i got 3'' exhuast sr20 redtop gti-r motor t-28 ported and clipped 3'' intercooler piping w/ perssion frontmount it has 17'' m3 style wheels with kumho rubber new its managed by a safcII it has a short throw shifter and has a brand new act 4 puck clutch. when i said stock i meant internals.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Radioaktiv said:
i dont see you getting deep into the 13s tho
a friend of mine has a B14 with a DE-T pushing 8lbs and a few other goodies (FMI, BOV, injectors, etc.) and he just barely trapped a 13.9
well that sounds like a solid answer. get a boost controler for race, set the race at 15psi, and the street at 8 psi. i dont know who this is done but i have seen it many times, you have 2 switches in the car somewhere and you can turn the street off for the race (15 psi) then boost at the track, then switch back to 8psi for MPG.

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
sorry, i thought it was bone stock :D

you might be looking at 13s with everything you have...maybe

but you definitely will want to get some 14s or 15s with slicks or drag radials if you expect to net good times

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
OrlandoStreetRacing said:
yeh Im gonna bust out the steelies with BF drag radails see wut happeneds with that.. as for BOV wut do you suggest is best for this motor?
no idea, i dont have a turbo, as for wheels. get a pair of SE-R wheels from a b14, they are 15pounds each (much lighter than steelies) and they are a 15in diameter so you have more tire options. and they are thicker too so hooking up will not be as hard

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
BOVs all do the same thing

just get one of decent quality (Blitz, Turbo XS, etc.)
and that will hold the amount of PSI you plan on running

·
Registered
249 Posts
do you have the car done? 10 psi is stock boost on a gti-r engine i believe. if you have the car done y not go and find out. anyone can bench/guess race all night but it all depends on your car. a well tuned gti-r engine should be around 230 whp with those mods on that boost. w/ slicks & a good launch you should be in the low 13's easy. you suspension setup will make a huge difference and so will you clutch

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
sweet a se-r guy in ct , CT SE-R CLUB WOOOOOO annnyway i read from may places that a gt-r engine ina b13 with afew mods runs a 13.5 or so fairly easy buuut cant beleive everything ya read

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
Slacky said:
sweet a se-r guy in ct , CT SE-R CLUB WOOOOOO annnyway i read from may places that a gt-r engine ina b13 with afew mods runs a 13.5 or so fairly easy buuut cant beleive everything ya read
and i bet the guy driving knew exactly how to manage the car to pull those times.

·
Registered
245 Posts
if you're putting down 200whp, you should be able to run a 14 flat at 100mph. I'm putting down around 260whp and have run a [email protected] This is all on street tires by the way. With slicks, it'd probably be around 12.7-12.8 with 260whp.

Since the gti-r is rated around 240 crank... I dunno, with his mods he should be close to 250whp range which is easy 13's.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
thats what im thinkin a mid 13 should be hard for me with my slightly modded gti-r but people are sayin o no yer only gonna get 14s which makes me sad...... but its ok im actually gettin taxes back this year which have been retitled turbo cash for my t04E/t3 turbo that i wanna get theeeeeen i will be crankin with 10 pounds

1 - 17 of 17 Posts