Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody done this swap?

Would love to do it, four screaming boosted TB's and all. Just wondering what I would be getting myself into.

Thanks for any info to be had.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, True

I have heard that. I believe both the GTi-R and the Bluebird are both AWD cars. I think that I would retain the tranny from the existing car and probably add the Nismo LSD to help handle the extra power.

Thanks for your reply :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
It has been done before and you will reuse the tranny from your car for the GTiR motor. As far as the swap---it is pretty much like the blubird except a little more wiring or something like got to extend some wires and stuff. Dunno details but I heard it is pretty strait forward. But from what I read in sport compact is that it would be cheaper buying a bluebird engine and building it up than to buy a GTiR motor and it would make more power than the GtiR motor. You would spend almost half the cost for a bluebird than a Gtir motor from what I understand.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cost of GTi-R

Well, from what I have found so far, the price of the GTi-R motor is only slightly more expensive ($300-500) than the Bluebird motors of the same vintage. Plus, IMHO, that's 30hp more with the same factory reliability.

The only real drawback to the GTi-R other than price that I know of is NOISE. I've heard they are very noisy - but sometimes noise to go with speed is a good thing, especially when Soccer Mom in the Suburban is about to flatten your toy. :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts