Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am thinking about putting my stupidly over moded evo back to stock and buying the new Skyline. I got quoted $15,000 over invoice and i almost shit myself. And apparently that was the best deal he said he can do.
What is everyone else paying for these cars, and anyone have contact info if you are getting a good deal? I know they are limited, but I have never payed more then a few over invoice for any car. Id rather wait till 2nd year if thats what it takes to get it at invoice and make sure no bugs with it.

·
Registered
630 Posts
dont bother wasting your money during the BUY NOW CAUSE IM NEW FAZE, wait a year and the prices will lower a lil bit, which at that point you could get a V-spec for a lil more and be super happy...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So Ive been calling around and got a quote for $5,000 above invoice which is basically MSRP. Does that sound fair? How much are the V-Spec gonna be?

·
Registered
630 Posts
the v-spec will be about 15-25k higher in price than the regular one, maybe more

but it will be worth it for a couple reasons, its faster, lighter, and handles better than the regular GTR, ALSO... since the v-spec wont be out until next year or the year after prices will be better, and if there are any issues that happen with the car it will have been known and something will be done to fix/prevent it from happening, chances are there will be nothing wrong with thecars but you never know until they have been beaten on by people...

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you're paying MSRP...you will be one of the few.

Only thing I see that could possibly go wrong with the GTR would be the tranny or electronics. New technology there where-as the motor is a modified HR (next gen VQ)...which has been proven in the Z and G35. These motors love boost...ask me how I know. lol.

·
Registered
630 Posts
i doubt there would be any tranny or electronic issues with the car so long as you leave it stock...

this is nissans flagship car and they have put years of R&D into the ride, also, if there were gonna be anyissues they would have shown themselves already, especially with the tuners in japan riping them apart and treating the car like an classy hooker(you know undress her, see what she is capable of doing, then see how much more she can handle before she is no longer a classy hooker) as of yet i havent heard of anyone having any issues...

·
Registered
66 Posts
i doubt there would be any tranny or electronic issues with the car so long as you leave it stock...

this is nissans flagship car and they have put years of R&D into the ride, also, if there were gonna be anyissues they would have shown themselves already, especially with the tuners in japan riping them apart and treating the car like an classy hooker(you know undress her, see what she is capable of doing, then see how much more she can handle before she is no longer a classy hooker) as of yet i havent heard of anyone having any issues...
well, they said the same thing about the Z and plenty of ppl were having their tranny's replaced (3rd gear) or their motor's replaced (oil consumption). And who in their right mind would keep a GTR stock? You bought it for the power....you're gonna add some power.

Just saw a dyno of a new GTR at cobbtuning in AZ...did 507whp with just and exhaust and filters. Takes me 8psi on a fully built motor to do that on my VQ. lol.

·
Registered
630 Posts
the tranny in the Z is totally different than the GTR

the oil issue in the Z was resolved years ago, and isnt a issue in the VR version of it

part of the problem with tuning the new engine is nissan has put alot of fail safes in it so you cant tune it all that well...

hell if you change the tires it throws a code... so far i think the only tuner to come close to cracking the ECU has been Mine's but even they still havent done it right yet...

i also dont think many people who get the new GTR are gonna do anything to it, until the warranty is up anyways...

·
Registered
66 Posts
the tranny in the Z is totally different than the GTR

the oil issue in the Z was resolved years ago, and isnt a issue in the VR version of it

part of the problem with tuning the new engine is nissan has put alot of fail safes in it so you cant tune it all that well...

hell if you change the tires it throws a code... so far i think the only tuner to come close to cracking the ECU has been Mine's but even they still havent done it right yet...

i also dont think many people who get the new GTR are gonna do anything to it, until the warranty is up anyways...
I never said the GTR tranny was the same...the OP asked if there could be any potential issues with this NEW car. I simply stated that new technology has the potential for issues. Most of which are addressed the first year of production. I am very familiar with the GTRs specs as well as the issues with the 350Z. Take a trip over to my350z dot com. You will see oil consumption was an issue with the 05-06s and engines are still being replaced today.

While you're there, see how many ppl have mods that are still under warranty. Hell, I broke a ring land spraying 150 shot while still under warranty....Threw on turbos and built the motor...while still warranty...still have nitrous too.

I am also curious as to how you know that oil consumption wont be an issue on a car that isn't even in the US yet? I'm sure they put the Z under the same conditions before starting final production and yet these issues still came up.

It wont take long for ppl to figure out the ECU on the GTR...management was out for the Z in 6 months....I bet the GTR will be the same way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also in the market for a GTR. However my quotes have been 15K over MSRP. If anyone has a good contact for a much better price, please let me know. Thanks All!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have no idea what the MSRP is outside Japan, but here there are going for about 9 million yen, or around $90k. I've seen them on the roads here frequently, there are 30 used GTR's listed for sale in the Tokyo area already.

·
Registered
101 Posts
there are customers paying between $15k-$20k over MSRP. all GTR's that have been ordered are all sold. and the ones for next years model are also sold! this is crazy. i know of at least 2 people that bought theirs at my local Nissan Dealer and they shipped them right back out to South America once it rolled off the Truck for delivery at the dealer. lucky for me i was there when this was happening.

·
Registered
630 Posts
if you've boosted and nitroused your z's engine then you've voided your warranty so dont expect to get a hand out from nissan when something dies...

so far there have been a few issues with the GTR, all related to the tranny, and all those with the issue have less than 10,000kms, they have all hammered the living shit out of the car and launched it many many times...

the GTR isnt a drag car its a track car so hammering the tranny to drag race it will obviously hurt it just like any other new car, youve gotta baby it until its settled...

dont forget that the cobb GTR has also had is ECU remapped...

·
Registered
66 Posts
if you've boosted and nitroused your z's engine then you've voided your warranty so dont expect to get a hand out from nissan when something dies...

so far there have been a few issues with the GTR, all related to the tranny, and all those with the issue have less than 10,000kms, they have all hammered the living shit out of the car and launched it many many times...

the GTR isnt a drag car its a track car so hammering the tranny to drag race it will obviously hurt it just like any other new car, youve gotta baby it until its settled...

dont forget that the cobb GTR has also had is ECU remapped...
LOL. expect a hand out? I was pointing out the fact that I (as well as plenty of others) could give two sh*ts about a warranty. I wouldn't let the techs at nissan dealership anywhere near my car anyway. I have very few, if any, nissan parts on my car. warranty....pffft.

Imagine that, tranny issues....just like i said. ;)

Drag or road racing, the car is being driven hard. Enough power in any race condition can compromise the reliabilty of your parts. Factory parts were engineered for that particular power level. Increase power and you increase the risk of failure.

Cobb didn't have a GTR when I last posted ;)

Oh, and my buddy Mark is ripping apart a GTR now and developing parts for it. I'll post some dynos soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts