Nissan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
this is pete

edit disappers after 2 hours my friend. im still in, ill pay next check, and i will wait for my ground kit to come :thumbup:

·
TRIPPLITE COMMAND CONSOLE
109 Posts
IM still in

My paypal is waiting to clear..
I know the gold isnt for BLiNG.. it was sarcasm? HAHAHAHHA

·
Registered
50 Posts
OK, I saw all the links in the sigs and it makes me feel special :p

Question....does this really do anything for stock car? I mean, my car is COMPLETELY stock at this point other than the stereo system I am in process with (which will be grounded VERY well on its own) ;) I am interested, but I want to learn more about it first. Also, you guys all want black? I was hoping green might be available :cool:

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
if you think about it, it will do wonders. right now the battery along with 2 chassis points are the only grounds, and since your car is getting older (admit it! :thumbup: ) these old cables are getting dirty or corroded. that this does is replace both grounding points and adds 3 more (i belive its 3) this alows the electricity to flow through the engine better and smoother. anyone who has a ground kit has always marveled at how much smoother their idle is, but i wouldn't expect any HP gains. and to me that is well worth it.
p.s. im not stalking you kstrongsyj you just post in all the threads i am subscribed to lol.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
FatBoy4 said:
ok so we dont get a battery terminal or connectors included?
i thought so... :confused: how would it connect to the battery?
edit: oh i see
I'm also offering inexpensive battery clamps for $15 a set, which you can order on their own or in conjunction with a kit. They're gold plated with wing nuts to attach wires to. I highly recommend you take advantage of this if your battery clamps are corroded or cracking.
well you could just buy your own or his, (they also sell them at walmart) but the cable is where the money should be spent! he is shrinktubing it and everything. there wont be any exposed wires.

ALSO HE HAS OTHER COLORS, I AM JUST OPTING FOR BLACK BECAUSE I AM ANAL ABOUT WIREING, (BLACK IS NEGATIVE, RED IS POSITIVE) THE CLEAR CASING IS ENOUGH SHOW FOR ME LOL

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Toolapcfan said:
I also provide stainless steel bolts, washers and nuts to replace those at the two OEM grounding points on the chassis and to replace the OEM battery terminal bolt. Instructions will be provided to tell you where each wire is installed.
If you don't buy battery terminals, then one of the wires becomes an auxilliary battery ground and is connected to the bolt on your OEM battery negative terminal. That's what the nut and washers are for. If you opt to replace your battery terminals with new ones, then the ones I sell which have wing nuts and lock washers, the ring terminal on you new ground will simply attach there and you'll do away with your OEM battery ground entirely. Hopefully this makes sense. Trust me, I've made tons of these kits before and I wouldn't sell you something that you couldn't attach without buying more things.

·
109 Posts
I want terminals too

Count me in on the terminals then.
i will send another paypal to you toolapcfan for 15.
cause my terminals are almost shot.. still trucking but almost ...

ok paypal sent. add to thy order

·
109 Posts
My car is stock except for the SE-R throttle body

kstrongsyj said:
OK, I saw all the links in the sigs and it makes me feel special :p

Question....does this really do anything for stock car? I mean, my car is COMPLETELY stock at this point other than the stereo system I am in process with (which will be grounded VERY well on its own) ;) I am interested, but I want to learn more about it first. Also, you guys all want black? I was hoping green might be available :cool:
Mine is as well my friend..
It will help prolong the life of your engine and most likely increase gas mileage..
But when it comes to Noise in the speakers.. ( hondas have this FAR WORST THEN ANY CAR IVE HEARD ) it will reduce that to none or almost none..
(good furture investment for serious steroes. lol )

and for pete.. i like black too cause neg is black red is dead err i mean pos. LOL

·
Registered
50 Posts
How. Help me understand how grounding will improve gas mileage? I got 34.8 out of my last tank and I drive 80 with my foot down out of all stops. My car idles perfect and runs killer with 100,3xx miles on it. I guess I am trying to see the value in it. I am not going for bling under the hood or trying to do the cool mod thing, I want my mods to make sense and really work. I have to admit, this intrigues me cause I never thought about it before. :cheers:

·
109 Posts
Well then..

kstrongsyj said:
How. Help me understand how grounding will improve gas mileage? I got 34.8 out of my last tank and I drive 80 with my foot down out of all stops. My car idles perfect and runs killer with 100,3xx miles on it. I guess I am trying to see the value in it. I am not going for bling under the hood or trying to do the cool mod thing, I want my mods to make sense and really work. I have to admit, this intrigues me cause I never thought about it before. :cheers:
I wouldnt be able to tell you the mileage on mine.. cause the odometer is broken LoL
But you never know what it will really do to your car since each is driven and taken car of differently.
34.8mpg is great..
I plan on getting it to increase the electrical system of the car.. since mine is a 95.. thats freaking 10 years old.. LoL But i also plan on having a ccage and this and that in the 200... you never know though.. Have you looked at your groun on the car?

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I think the idea of potential for better gas mileage arises pimarily from the block having a better ground, which decreases the resistance, allowing the spark plugs to generate more spark by using the full amount of power supplied to them, which would give you a more complete fuel burn.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
yes go look at the ground on your car, all it is is one (maybe 2-3 feet) corde with the sleeve striped about 1 foot down as one ground....then it bolts to the tranny i belive. now think of all the devises drawing power from your battery? it only has 2 ground points! what this will do is in stead of having all the draw and no return, it will have equal of both, making it flow much smoother and free'r which will cause your ignition to fire properlty, with the correct amount of spark, and intensity. its basicly like when you replace your plug wires and plugs. you may recieve some hp, but it really cleans things up....(like a defrag on your pc) ....mechanics are so much easyer to explain lol electrical is tougher but i think youl get the idea
toolapcfan said:
I think the idea of potential for better gas mileage arises pimarily from the block having a better ground, which decreases the resistance, allowing the spark plugs to generate more spark by using the full amount of power supplied to them, which would give you a more complete fuel burn.
............that wording is so much better than mine lol.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hey Rob!

Hey Rob,
Im really interested in ordering a ground kit for my 1994 B13 1.6 Liter in maybe the color blue. I see you had to get a total of three people to do a particular color. Count me in for blue, but if you dont get enough people Ill settle for the standard cause I know it will be quality. Ill send you a money order. Let me know whats up! Peace!

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
nismo1.6 said:
edit disappers after 2 hours my friend.
That must be a new thing, because that wasn't the case not that long ago.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hey Rob,
I know I already posted a reply on getting a ground kit for my B13 1.6 Liter. Just wanted to let you know that Im sending you out a money order on the 15th of this month. Again my first choice is blue cause it looks awesome but I have no problem with black either. So I guess the total shipped to Virginia would be $36.35? Can you let me know whats up or if I the shipping is more or less? Im definitly in. I trust your product, dont trust posers folks, get the good stuff now and quit givin the guy a hard time, support support support!....Peace!

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
toolapcfan said:
That must be a new thing, because that wasn't the case not that long ago.
yea, i thought they had left the classifides section untouched but it seems they applyed that rule to all the forums.

·
Registered
50 Posts
OK, so I am now more interested than ever. My big question.....will this help alternator whine in the stereo system I finished installing my system yesterday and everything is done well with all high quality wiring, etc. I have intstalled 100's of top quality systems and never had whine I couldnt get rif of :( This system whines, and whines bad. WOuld this grounding kit eliminate htat or do I have other issues with my stereo? :balls:

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
from what i have read, yes, if it dosent eradicate it it should help none the less.

21 - 40 of 90 Posts