Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Due to popular demand, and the newer version of the kit fitting multiple applications, I have decided to do a second run of the 5 wire ground kit.

To make sure everything is clear and understood, below you should find answers to any questions you may have. So please read it thoroughly. There's few things more annoying than someone who pm's or e-mails me, asking me things that were clearly posted.

What is the kit made of or how is it made? What cars will it fit?

This is a 5 wire engine bay ground kit that fits B13, B14, P10 and P11, although the grounding points will vary from chassis to chassis. The kit is made of oxygen free, high strand, silver tinned 4 gauge copper wire with jacket colors available in blue, black, red and clear. All colors are translucent. The gold plated ring terminals on the ends of the wires are crimped on with a hammer crimper and then the joints are heat shrink protected with black heat shrink tubing. I also provide stainless steel bolts, washers and nuts to replace those at the two OEM grounding points on the chassis and to replace the OEM battery terminal bolt. Instructions will be provided to tell you where each wire is installed.

I need at least 3 people to order a particular color.

I'm also offering inexpensive battery clamps for $15 a set, which you can order on their own or in conjunction with a kit. They're gold plated with wing nuts to attach wires to. I highly recommend you take advantage of this if your battery clamps are corroded or cracking.

Additionally, if you want gold ring terminals to crimp onto your OEM positive wires I can include those as well for $1 extra. That gets you two 10 gauge and one 4 gauge. This allows you to rid yourself of the red plastic battery terminal altogether instead of having to cut the loop off and bolt that to the new battery clamp.

What makes this kit any better or worse than other kits available?

1) Because it's probably the best kit on the market for your car, and at a fraction of the cost that retailers would likely charge for it.

2) Because I'm doing this out of general interest to provide the best bang for the buck for you. I make very little money on these kits, so I'm not doing it for the money.

3) You're not paying some moron on eBay who'd sell you a bag of shit if you were willing to pay for it, and who couldn't care less about what you think once he has your money. I've been around on the SR20forum for a few years now and plan on owning my B13 and P11 for many years to come. So I'm not going anywhere. YOU KNOW WHERE I LIVE.

4) This is the highest quality wire I could find and I worked hard to get it at a good price.

5) I personally make the kits myself, and I took measurements myself for the B13 and P11 and had trustworthy forum members take measurements for me for the P10 and B14, so I know the kits will fit without issues.

6) You're supporting someone who supports the Nissan/SR20 community.

What is this kit supposed to do for my car?

OEM engine blocks typically have a single ground wire which is responsible for grounding all the electrical components installed in the engine which use the engine as a ground. Many times this ground is undersized, or corrodes over time, which limits the current flow back to the battery. Therefore, many components, mainly spark plugs, don't function at an optimal level which can impede performance and fuel economy. So essentially, the adding of grounds gives you back what you should have in the first place.

What does the kit look like?

It looks like wires with ring terminals on the ends. ;) I'll post pictures soon of some completed kits.

How much is the kit and what does shipping cost?

The cost is $35 shipped to the contiguous 48 U.S. I can ship anywhere else, but I'll have to figure out the most cost effective means of shipping and figure up the shipping surcharge. So if you're outside the lower 48, please contact me with your shipping info so I can figure that up for you.

How do I pay or place an order?

You need to provide the following information:

Name
Forum Name
Address
Phone #
An e-mail address

You have 3 choices to make your payment:

Paypal from a bank account.

This means that your paypal account withdraws from your bank account to add funds. There are no fees associated with accepting this type of payment. So send the total amount of your order to:

[email protected]

Please pm or e-mail me when you send money to the above account. I never check that e-mail account, so I won't know when you've sent me a payment.

Paypal from a credit card:

This means that your paypal account withdraws from a credit card to add funds. There are fees associated with accepting this type of payment. Here's how the fee structure works; You take your total and multiply it by .03 and this gives you the 3% fee that you have to add to your total. Then you also need to add $.30 after that. For example:

$35x.03=1.05
$35+$1.05=$36.05 $36.05+$.30=$36.35

Total: $36.35

Send to: [email protected]

Money Order

You can mail a money order made out to Rob Faber and send it to me at:

10408 Crown Point Ave.
Omaha, NE 68134

When can I pay and when will I get my kit?

You can pay at any time using money orders or paypal. I won't be ordering the materials for the kits until the GB has closed so that I know how much material I need to order. Once the materials arrive, kits will be assembled in the order in which payment was received. I'll notify people individually when their order has shipped. For the lower 48 U.S. I typically use USPS Priority Mail.

When does this group buy end?

I would keep it open indefinitely, however, I've found that if you don't give people a date which they have to order by, they'll wait as long as you're willing to allow them to, or wait until the last minute. So in the interest of those who are serious about buying kits, and would like to have them sooner rather than later:

This Group Buy will end on Friday, February 18, 2005.

If you still have questions after reading this, or you need to inform me that you've made a paypal payment to the Unlimited e-mail address, you can pm me or e-mail me.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
id be in. im going to look into that paypal account thing. do you need a checking account? if so i cant do it and ill just send you a money order. i was going to do it myself, but all i could find was home depot wire and since your kits arent much more than i would spend ill buy from you :thumbup:

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
what ever happend to this? i swer i would send you the money tomarrow if you make them. this needs to be done to my car not only to "mod" it but for general electrical upkeep.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The goup buy doesn't end until 2/18/05 so it's still going on. So far black is the only color that's for sure.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
i'd rather have black...it is a ground after all. and i dont want to go ebay because idk the build quality and the wires could disconnect from the ring terminals.........ill just stick with tool, i trust him

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Scott said:
You need to reread rule #7.
Exactly.

Not to mention, if b14_stealth had read the FAQ in my first post he would have seen why I'm even wasting my time making these stupid kits. I honestly don't enjoy spending my evenings cutting lengths of wire and pounding terminals onto the ends, heatshrinking them and packaging them up so I can mail them out in the morning. Not to mention I get whiny people always bothering me, "When's my kit going to get here?" It'll get there when the damn GB is done and I've made the thing and shipped it out. Makes me wonder why I even bother. I'm trying to offer a better product that is tailored for our cars, and is priced well. I don't make enough money on these to bother with but I do it to try and do something for the community. I only have my business so I can get stuff cheap for myself and for others. Doesn't matter that I've done write up's for NPM and elsewhere to help people out, write-ups that I myself have never utilized or personally had a need for. And I can go on, (have you noticed my avatar? ;))... There's the whole Progress thing. People said they wanted more B13 suspension options. So I challenged Progress to build one that offered something nobody else could. I also challenged them to build an LCA brace that would have few, if any, compromises in clearance. They did both. 2" of increased strut travel up front is damn nice, and the brace barely hangs below the crossmember. So here we are, months later. The only suspension they've put together was for me, and less than a handfull of people have the brace. So I thought maybe people needed to hear more about it. I thought maybe NPM would like to do a followup to this: http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/december04/progress/ So far all my e-mails haven't been responded to. So I'm at a loss. I'm not trying to blow my own horn here, I just spend a lot of time trying to contribute to this community and I'm constantly finding that it is becoming increasingly less worth it.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
dont worry.......im gona buy one :thumbup:

·
TRIPPLITE COMMAND CONSOLE
109 Posts
I would like a set of ground wires for my B14

I really want.
I trust this member selling them over eBay.. ( damn scammers )

Count me in!! I will email you with all the info you would like.
Thanks!

·
109 Posts
Ohh pics would be good..

But I know what grounding wires look like.. LoL

I like the connectors.. ( not to fond of gold.. can we say pawn? LOL ) but i feel its worth 35 bucks..

·
Registered
28 Posts
1.6pete said:
i'd rather have black...it is a ground after all. and i dont want to go ebay because idk the build quality and the wires could disconnect from the ring terminals.........ill just stick with tool, i trust him
I do need a ground kit, and 370cc injectors, and few other things like a sr20tb, and 98tails, also a black trim piece for my trunk. Got any of this stuff? Also need a afscII

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
:confused: dude..........i dont sell stuff lol sorry. toolapcfan is making these grounding kits, im sure if you give him the lengths of the cable, gadge, connectors of choice, and so on he would make it for you, but it wouldnt take top priority because he has this GB on other sites as well. :cheers:

·
109 Posts
ive clicked there.

Thank you very much..
LOL
unless I emailed you my info instead of toolapcfan..(which would condone to my stupidity.... )
i plan on getting em..(ground wires)

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

This is a 6 wire kit I did for someone. See, it's wires with gold ring terminals on the ends. The gold isn't for bling, it's to keep them from corroding.

Anyone know what the hell happened to the "edit" tab? I would have posted this picture in the original post. Wouldn't want people censoring themselves, changing their minds, and whatnot.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts