Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a bass tube in my 200SX trunk and have it temporarily grounded to the metal sheet part behind the rear seats.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a proper grounding placement? What would you use to secure the ground wire?

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
I used a seatbelt bolt myself. There's also the factory ground right under the trunk latch at the back of the trunk.

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
samo said:
I There's also the factory ground right under the trunk latch at the back of the trunk.
thats the one i always use!

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Yup, I use that one too.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Same here, it very accessible

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
My ground.

I used a multimeter to find a electrically dead ground on my B14. On the driver side of the trunk, there is this little tab that extends up from the floor behind the carpet. I purchased a Stinger Side Post Battery terminal and a lock nut and affixed it to this tab. This allows a nice quick disconnect in case I need it and makes for a clean install.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Damn all these people want to do it right, I guess I'll have to go change what I am using. I just have a ground wire from my amp attaching to part of the trunk interior. The wire is in one of those many holes is the trunk. I put the wire in and put a screw in behind it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Actually no one has really said anything about it until now. I haven't really thought about it much because I knew what it meant. That's just the way it is.....If I put SoCal everyone would know what I mean if you put SoMis I guess everyone is unsure. That and most people think that in Mississippi we don't wear shoes, all drive trucks, and don't have running water, much less electricity and computers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts