Nissan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 95 240sx and when i start my car it makes a high pitch grinding sound, that last for a few seconds then stops. it sounds bad and i want it to stop any ideas?

·
Metal > Rap
668 Posts
$100...wow thats cheep. The cheapest one I've found remanufactured was $150.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just had the starter replaced about 3 months ago, also it happened the other day while i was driving. How could i tell if the starter had gone bad. Sorry I don't know much about cars, but i am trying to learn so thanks for you help

·
Registered
405 Posts
Bullet23 said:
i just had the starter replaced about 3 months ago, also it happened the other day while i was driving. How could i tell if the starter had gone bad. Sorry I don't know much about cars, but i am trying to learn so thanks for you help
that dosent sound like a starter if it was grinding while you were driving. more details on the sound and location would be great.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the sound is this high pitch grinding noise, i don't really know how else to describe it. i'm not really sure where the where it is coming from, other than the engine :confused:

·
Registered
15 Posts
kane2g said:
check all the belts.
make sure they are tiiiiiiiiite!!!! <LMAO
Does it happen at a specific time? Like maybe when you turn the A/C on or only when you're highway driving (aside from the morning startup). Best guess with the info you've given us is what Kane said - one of your three belts are loose. Tight is good. Loose isn't fun. Check into that ASAP b/c if one of them is loose it could *potentially* (depending on how loose it is) slip off its pulley while you're driving. No bueno.

·
Registered
32 Posts
still sounds like a starter problem. could be a short somewhere keeping the starter from disengaging during start up...and randomly engaging during driving. check the starter signal wire (small wire on starter). get a multimeter. turnkey, and release. see if voltage drops upon releasing key. if voltage remains for a second then you have a cross-short somewhere. otherwise I'd say just a sticky starter...replace it either way cause it's going to kill your flywheel...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts