Nissan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
SPECVEEEEE
197 Posts
I want to cut out, the stock inside of my grille, on my 95' and insert some black mesh, or silver, my radiator/ac condensor are black, so i think it will look good, anyone know how hard it is to cut out the vertical plastic lines?.. seems simple but not sure..

·
Registered
57 Posts
The plastic is ABS, so it shouldn't be too hard. You'll need a saw that can fit in the space, though.

The '98 Sentra grille is a 2-piece design, whereas the '95-'97 uses a one-piece design. My old grille got cracked on the surround piece, so that's why I could not do that mod anyhow...needed a whole new grille. :) Good luck!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Finally...borrowed my mom's digital camera and took some pics of the car.

Here is one of the damaged grille before:

Also, the scratch on my hood from the flying tire tread on the highway:

Finally, here is the new grille:

That's all for now!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Actually, it is kind of invisible in the day time as well...but I'll give it a shot! ;)

·
Banned
302 Posts
i know that most of you will think i'm a dumbass for asking this but how do you drop your car? i know you need lowering springs..but what exactly do you do and need to do it? how much does it cost for it all? thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
In the picture of that green sentra.....where can i find that lower girll insert...it looks like it's got a lot of horizental bars or something..is that something that can be purchased..or was it made....any info wold be great...

·
Registered
134 Posts
plat619se:
I'm not sure if it would help or look better, but I would say that you should take your grille off, use lots of newspaper and tape, then paint whats behind your grille with like a flat black, it will give your grille more depth.
I did my grille myself using a hacksaw and cutting out the horizontal lines, then using diamond mesh from home depot. Heres a pic of it before I painted whats behind the grille black, I dont have any pics right now of how it looks after I painted it, but just imagine not being able to see the white grille mounts or whatever...

And about people asking about doing your grille yourself like that, it is sorta harder than it looks, because after you cut out the lines, you will probably need to sand down the inside sides of the grille where the lines were, then after you sand it, youre gonna have to paint it too, I think it took me about 6 hours to do it. But as long as you take your time, it should turn out good.

·
SE Limited
791 Posts
kP_sr20De said:
nice car overlooked, looks like luxury sport.

the 98 grill was a nice choice.
ummm.. kp.. thats NOT the 98 OEM grill its an aftermarket.. he was just showing off :D Travis

·
SE Limited
791 Posts
sethwas said:
Well,
You don't need a day shot. Just up the backlighting or auto color balance the photo in a photo editing program.

Seth
Im Asst. Manager of Digital at Halamay Color Labs Inc. and a Photoshop Gooroo.. 3 years of it infact.. He He.. and second.....

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK I SHOULD DO.. I WANT THAT MESH GRILL LOOK FROM THE 98 WITHOUT LOGO.. BUT I HAVE THE 99 OPEN BOTTOM LOOK.. WITH THE CUT HEADLIGHTS.. I DONT PLAN ON GETTING PROJECTORS FOR A WHILE.. BUT EVENTUALLY.. SHOULD I JUST WAIT TO SEE IF I GET THEM.. BECAUSE I WANT THAT LOOK N0W.. DO YOU THINK IT WOULD LOOK STUPID TO HAVE THE 98 MESH NO LOGO GRILL WITH THE HEADLAMPS THE WAY THEY ARE? Travis..

·
SE Limited
791 Posts
SlowestRice said:
Am I on some kind of drugs, or was this car blue before?
actually it probably looked blue.. but its the Metalic teal green that i have.. in certain lighting the paint appears more blue green.. while in other lighting it appears more green blue.. Travis

·
Registered
44 Posts
HOW DO I MAKE A CUSTOM GRILLE?

Okay I have a Nissan 95 200sx and I was wondering how I can make a cool looking mesh grille by myself. I Read previous posts and I assume that I need to hacksaw the inner part of the grille...BUT how do i take off the grille and how do i put the mesh on? Sorry Im new 2 this ...PLEASE HELP ME OUT...DESPERATE

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
WOW this is an old thread.

To take off the grille, im assuming you mean off the car, there are a couple of clips around the back of the grille and one in the middle.
You can use some type of putty or zip ties to hold the mesh onto the grille.

Or just buy a 98 Sentra grille.

·
SE Limited
791 Posts
Lucino200sx said:
Have you ever seen a blue B14, yeah it's tight!

Nope Never seen one in my life. :thumbup:

Happy Birthday thread. This is almost 2 years old. LOL. Hey, better bringing back old threads then creating 20 of the same damn thing.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts