Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
I think I lost my mod-nes
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a '97 Sentra GXEwith the grill that has the horizontal lines going all the way across. I found a grill from a '98 that I like better because it's the meshy looking one. Does anyone know if this will fit on my car without any modification, or at least very minor modification? Any help would be appreciated, as I've only got about eight hours to decide.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
FIT will be no PROBLEM...but dont pay more than 10-15 for it...I mean remember wit a little work U can do your own grill with some mesh from home depot or sumting....

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yes those are air bags on my 200

·
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, thanks, I got the grille. I should have it within a week. Does that count as a mod? My mods list is quite short, so I'm willing to add anything. :)

K

·
0 Posts
I bought a 98 sentra grille for mine, but I havent put in on yet.
When I compared the brackets it looks like it should be a direct fit.

K

·
0 Posts
you can find one @ a wreckin yard if your lucky! I wasnt, I dropped some cash to the local dealership $70 to be exact. $pricey$ but worth it. Also, its doesnt come painted!

·
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got mine on Ebay for $10.50... I didn't know that they were painted anyway, I always just thought that the meshy part was black.

·
Towards Antisocial
592 Posts
NICE 200 OVerlooked!!

when are you going to drop it though???
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just got the 98 sentra grille from Mossy Performance...Apparently I was wrong, it does NOT fit my '97 200sx. The 2 bottom supports don't line up. Apparently the Sentra must use a different structure up front, which is odd because the old grilles look the same...maybe they changed supports in '98? Oh well, silly me, should have tried on the grille before I primed and painted it. :( Looks like it will be up on Ebay soon or on local classifieds if anyone wants it...Pic to follow.

BTW, it was $58.00 or so after a discount. I think I will see if I can make one out of mesh or maybe there is some place here in San Diego that can do this for me. Anyone know any decent shops here? Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
you can use ithe 98 grill! i have mine on a 96 sentra. the top three line up but you have to modify the bottom to make it fit you will only have the top three in but the friction from the hood being down will more than be enough to hold it in place
p.s. my car is on "the best sentra or 200sx thread" go check it out

·
Back 2 SF
157 Posts
i put an APC mesh grill on mine. i did it myself. though it took me a while to put it in place but it looks good and it matches the color scheme i'm planning for my car, black and red, with black rota group n rim (the one with the red lip) coming soon.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Okay that makes sense. :) I just thought it would be a plug-n-play installation, but that's close enough. Also it matches what FSR20DET said to do also, so I guess this is a pretty common mod. Maybe next weekend! Good excuse to get some more tools..:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Okay I went ahead and did it. With my trusty $2.00 disposable hacksaw from Wal-Mart, I took off about 1/2 inch of the bottom mounts on the new grille. Yup, top 3 mounts lined up okay and snapped into place...I'm still crooked by about 10 degrees or so. I think I either need to sand off some of the grille or maybe bend the metal mounting tabs back some. Not too far or they will hit the A/C condensor or the horn in front of that. It looks pretty cool, though...No Nissan badge right now. I couldn't get the old badge off, so I think I will leave it off for right now...couldn't be more than 10 bucks for another one at Mossy. Or if I want to be a bit ricey (since my car is stock) I could slap a GTI-R or SE-R badge on the front...:p Naw that would disgrace the badge. That's all for now. Thanks for the help!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts