Nissan Forum banner

Grill Problems

2K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  Nissan200sx 
#1 ·
I was poking around my grill today ( Thinking about installing some aftermarket headlights soon) looking for a few things. As soon as I touch it, it falls apart! 2 or 3 little black arrow things fell off and dissapeared. the rest of the supports are either cracked/damaged or useless. Theres also a giant crack down the middle of the grill that I just noticed. (guess someone didnt think too much of my car). Does anyone know where I can get an inexpensive replacement? I dont care if its nissan or aftermarket.. thanks

#4 ·
Nissan_4.2.0. said:
I was poking around my grill today ( Thinking about installing some aftermarket headlights soon) looking for a few things. As soon as I touch it, it falls apart! 2 or 3 little black arrow things fell off and dissapeared. the rest of the supports are either cracked/damaged or useless. Theres also a giant crack down the middle of the grill that I just noticed. (guess someone didnt think too much of my car). Does anyone know where I can get an inexpensive replacement? I dont care if its nissan or aftermarket.. thanks
www.liuspeedtuning.com or check for car part outs in the classifides here and on sr20forum.com

#10 ·
I have one, it has a small crack but I am going home this weekend, if you want me to, I can take a pic of it and send it to your email. It needs to be repainted like no ones business but it has all the bracket pieces and it is oem for 95-97 B14. Probably be like 20$ shipped.

#12 ·
carpartswholesale sells the 98 sentra grille, as well as the 97-97 200sx grilles for $18 plus shipping. no one beats that

#15 ·
Nissan_4.2.0. said:
Is that what its called? People have told me it looks either tan, dark gold or green. Yeah actually if its in the sun it will sparkle or shift (obviously) a little with the light. Nice effect...
Nissan "Timber Frost" is the color of my 200, was only available on a few 98 200SX's and a very very few of the first production 99 Sentra's... pretty rare when you look at the total production numbers... see avatar.... that color?

#16 ·
myoung said:
Nissan "Timber Frost" is the color of my 200, was only available on a few 98 200SX's and a very very few of the first production 99 Sentra's... pretty rare when you look at the total production numbers... see avatar.... that color?
if it is it is by no means wierd, it is very nice. :thumbup:

#17 ·
myoung said:
Yeah that same exact color. The guy that sold me his car said it was "frost green" or something like that. I thought it was plain gold and he was trying to pull a fast one on me. Doesnt matter, I love the car either way. most everyone who looks at it likes one thing or another about it...

Just for kicks, have any idea of about how many cars came with this?

#18 ·
NotAnotherHonda said:
carpartswholesale sells the 98 sentra grille, as well as the 97-97 200sx grilles for $18 plus shipping. no one beats that
the only thing about this also is you have to pay for paint. If you get the chome grille your good to slap it on.

#20 ·
xbrandonx said:
the only thing about this also is you have to pay for paint. If you get the chome grille your good to slap it on.
yea, but then your are ghetto-licious

#23 ·
xbrandonx said:
the infinity grille isn't ghetto.

I'm saying if you buy a grille from the site you listed you have to get it painted, or then your ghetto-licious

haha i suppose?

#25 · (Edited)
Nissan200sx said:
You need to have at least a little chrome on your ride.
I don't think it's a law or anything like that... ;)

That's one of the reasons I like the 98 200SX...no chorme around the windows like previous years..

See Chrome On Wes' car as example

No Chrome

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.