Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo!!! (okay, that's the Philly-style part. :) )

Greetings to eveyone. I'm Kevin (a.k.a Kojo, a college nickname) and I live in the Philadelphia, PA metro area, where I work as a software engineer & web developer. I'm both a former & current (of sorts) Nissan owner, having owned an '88 Maxima SE 5-spd many years ago, and currently a happy owner of an Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT, which is easily the best car I've ever had. :cool:

I'm joining up with the NF community here for the first time, mainly because I'm loving what Mr. Ghosn & company have done with the remarkable turaround at Nissan, and I'm proud to have rejoined the Nissan ownership fold. They've really done exciting things with the whole product lineup.

If all goes well, I will be adding another Nissan product to my stable this coming week, as I hope to close on a new 2005 Pathfinder LE (to replace my trusty old '96 4Runner Limited). :cheers: I'm hoping to have much to both share with and learn from others regarding this vehicle in the coming months.

Thanks for providing this great community!

Regards,
Kojo

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
Welcome to Nissan Forums...........
Well im glad to see you rejoining the Nissan family. Congratulations on your purchase of the G35. Its a kick ass car isn't it....lol
Do you plan on modding it?
You are like the 3rd new member from philly this week.....lol
This site has many very knowledgable people here, and a great second home...
Also if you are up for some entertainment, check out the Off-Topic section.

BTW: Go Philly

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Nostrodomas. Yea, the G is just a magnificent beast of a car. She's got power, moves, and no shortage of class & style to go with it - I can't help but totally love her.

I have done some minor mods, but it's still mostly stock. I upgraded some of the lighting, added a drilled aluminum pedal kit, and installed a grounding kit. I'll probably do some of the other moderate engine mods that are out there later, also.

That's funny about all the new Philly members! Maybe we're all just finding other outlets while we subconsiously prepare for the fall of our Eagles, now that T.O. has gone down. :(

It sounds like you're an Eagles fan youself ... how'd that happen with you residing all the way out in the dead-middle of Cali? R U from Philly originally perhaps?

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
Well when I was younger, lets say around 9 or 10, I saw one of thoes NFL films about the season the Eagles went to the superbowl, and lot to the Raiders. Since everybody around me was a Raiders or Niners fan :thumbdwn: , I started paying more attention to Philly. So over time they just became my team.....lol
Its so funny, about 4-5 years ago everybody laughed at me for being an Eagles fan. NOw they are everywhere over here in Cali, and I cant help but laugh at them.....
You car is pretty hot...IF I were you, my next mods would be a cold air intake, and a nice cat back system, but thats just me. :thumbup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tip. I've had those and some other mods under consideration for a while.

But many G owners have reported some dangerous stalling issues with some of the CAI systems. So there are reasons for us to look elsewhere for those gains. I have more research to do before I make any firm decisions. Fortunately, there are tons of threads about it on FreshAlloy & G35Driver.com.

Either way, since my G is usually parked for most of the Winter here, it'll be a little while before I take on any new mods for it.

But I did buy my new Pathfinder on Monday, so I'll have something new to play with in the meanwhile! :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I LOVE the new Pathy so far. :D It's very well done ... everything I thought it would be. I'll try to get some pics posted as soon as I can.

It's been cold, wet, gray, and crappy for the last week here in Philly. But tomorrow's supposed to be nice and mild, approaching the 50s through the weekend.

So I'm gonna take my digicam to work with me tomorrow, and snap some pics of it before it gets too filthy ... I might not get another chance before Spring! (lol)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.