Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that this is going to be my next mod. Does any one here not like their Greddy oil pan?

Also, I understand that it has places for oil temp and pressure. If I didn't want to put in those sensors, would those holes have to be plugged, or does it come with plugs. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got the Greddy unit.
I like it. Temp comes with plug. but if you want to use it for oil temp, you need a BSPT sender, not NPT like Autometer/VDO uses.

You could measure the oil pressure there, but I can tell you right now that its going to read 0PSI as its just sitting still. :p
You need to measure oil pressure in a different place :D

Its only got 2 holes, Temp and Drain.
Comes with the baffles, but some said that theirs needed to be played with to move freely, as well as I heard something about 1 of the 4 holes for the baffle doors not fitting right. This was in both Greddy and knock-off unit.
Someone measured the knock-off one and it had the same depth and other dimmensions as my Greddy one. So the only visual difference is the lack of SR20 on the front.

HTH

·
Registered
36 Posts
i have a greddy oil pan( not a knock off). if you do not have an oil pressure gage make sure to check the clearance between the oil pan and the oil pickup. i did not have a oil pressure gage(i have one now) or check the clearance and spun a rod bearing do to oil starvation at high rpms. it turns out the oil pickup was to close to the oil pan. after the engine rebuil i modified the oil pickup and everything is fine now. other than that it is fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, thanks for the warning. I will be sure to check that when I replace it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts