Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IF anyone has the Greddy FMIC for their 240... did it come with the nipple located in the fender well? If so did u put the BOV there or did u put it somewhere else? If so could u just plug that hole and when u buy a hot pipe put the BOV near the valve cover?

thanks
 

· One Wheel Drive
Joined
·
175 Posts
DTriumph said:
IF anyone has the Greddy FMIC for their 240... did it come with the nipple located in the fender well? If so did u put the BOV there or did u put it somewhere else? If so could u just plug that hole and when u buy a hot pipe put the BOV near the valve cover?

thanks
Yes you can plug that hole. And yes you can put your BOV on the hot pipe near the VC.

Although in reality, BOV's should be located closer to the throttle body (like with in 12" to 15" of it) vs. closer to the turbo.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
JayLew said:
Although in reality, BOV's should be located closer to the throttle body (like with in 12" to 15" of it) vs. closer to the turbo.
Please explain the reason for this. My BOV is set up that way, but my friend's isn't. And I never knew which was the right/better way.
 

· One Wheel Drive
Joined
·
175 Posts
nismo200sx16 said:
it should be closer to the throttle body because it keeps all the air in the system moving.
Exactly. Its a little more effecient to have the majority of the pressurized air in between the BOV and the turbo...vs....the majority of it being between the throttle body and the BOV.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JayLew said:
Exactly. Its a little more effecient to have the majority of the pressurized air in between the BOV and the turbo...vs....the majority of it being between the throttle body and the BOV.
would it be smart to also have the wastegate nipple near the throttle body or does it matter were that is located
 

· Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if I would put the BOV closer to the throttle body and have more restricted air push straight into turbo and out..would that mean better spool up..or would that just have more pressure air going in meaning harder work on the turbo..or would it be the same work for the turbo if i put the BOV closer to the turbo.. basically i am asking if it would be better or worse for the turbo? Safety wise..or would it not matter where i put the BOV concerning turbo work.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
It wont hurt the turbo no mater where you locate the bov. if you put it closer to the throttle body then you shift all the air in the system will keep moving so it will be more efficent. you should check out the book MAXIMUM BOOST by Corky bell. It explains every thing you would ever want to know about turbocharging. they might have it at the library.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top