Nissan Forum banner

GReddy Cat-Back exhaust

3K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  Spec V Tuner 
G
#1 ·
Ok, well I was sitting at work yesterday bored off my a$$ and tired of looking through the rather small list of aftermarket parts available for the Spec V. I was really disapointed with the brands of exhaust systems available. I took the time to email GReddy to see if they were going to make a system for the Spec V. Well I got a reply today and YES, they are. They said it should be out soon but dont have an exact release date yet. I guess I'm holding out for the GReddy.

G
#2 ·
Even though its not a big brand name like GReddy, I think the Stromung is still worth taking a look at. It comes very highly recommended by everybody that owns it or has seen/heard it, including myself.

G
#3 ·
I don't wanna risk spending that much money on something that I might not like, when I know for a fact that I like the sound and the performance of a GReddy. I'd need to hear a Stromung, and no SE-R i've seen in Miami have one.

G
#4 ·
How much do the GREDDY exaust go for usually? Never priced them. I am looking at modding my Spec-v real soon so id be intrested to see the debate between these two or an other ones people have put on...

G
#6 ·
so its the same price for almost every spec-v exahust? I mean the Strom cat is 508...sont know if the stillen is more or less. but ill just wait a little longer for a few more choices i guess...-:rolleyes:

G
#8 ·
VRS

VRS makes the kits for us and offer them in aluminum, stainless, 2.25", 2.5", 3" etc. and very resonable in price. I sell them and use one on my car. I've got their 3" cat back custom turbo system going on now.

G
#10 ·
spec-v exhaust

Driving Illini said:
Even though its not a big brand name like GReddy, I think the Stromung is still worth taking a look at. It comes very highly recommended by everybody that owns it or has seen/heard it, including myself.
stillen is a very strong nismo parts supplier and they have released an exhaust for the spec-v. no word on hp gains or sound but it sounds promising:cool:

G
#11 ·
I just called Stillen today and asked them about there catback!! There's is just the muffler and about a foot of pipe - they said the stock 02-03 Spec V's have a 2 piece catback stock so this would just bolt on to the rest of the catback!!

They said they tried a full catback and lost a lot of torque . .although they picked up hp! I don't want to loose torque and I don't want a loud exhaust and I HATE the 2 tips on Stomung so I am considering either getting the Stillen muffler/half-catback OR just buying a muffler and having it welded on because I just want a new muffler really because the tips on the stock on on Stromung are UGLY!! I want 1 big tip but still quiet . . .

Just a little FYI from Stillen.

#13 ·
I just bought the Stillen exhaust, and It sounds great. It isnt very loud unless you push it, but the sound is a low tone muffle, not ricey at all. i have an Se-r by the way so it wont sound as good on my car as it would on the spec, since its stick but it sound nice.

#15 ·
People people, do not get the stillen exhaust. You might as well just buy a friggin universal muffler and keep the rest of your money. I have been in constant contact with greddy and I was told that they would have one out by the end of the year.

I hear good things about stromung, but who are they? Do you see any thing about them in the magazines? I'm not saying that is a way of validation their products, but it is a way of telling me that the company is well known and is respected.

HKS and Blitz will be coming our with systems. I have called HKS and we're looking towards the summer of 2003. Blitz I belive with be coming out with a nur spec exhaust for us, posibly called the nur spec v. But that is just what I heard and cannont not confirm that.

I am personally waiting for greddy. I had a greddy cat-back on my 97 gsr and loved the tone.

Oh and you can't get a significant increase from an axle back exhaust. I'm sorry you just can't. You won't even get a significat increase with a cat back unless you are turboed.

G
#16 ·
its out now... but Does anyone know if the Greddy 02'-03' SE-R[Spec-V] EVO Cat-Back Exhaust will fit into a 02'-03' SE-R[NON-Spec-V]. Iv'e had no luck with a response from Greddy, and all the Retailers/Distributors arent sure, and say "We cant Guarantee it will fit." If anyone has any info it would help, Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.