Nissan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just recently i was drivingdown the freeway and i decided to play with this guy in a civic. we both took off and i hit about 110 mph and of course i creamed him but thats not the point. once ihit 110 idecided to see how fast my car went so i stepped on it. once i hit 120 my car jolted and the engine shut off all my dash lights came on and of course i freaked. istepped on the clutch slowed down and restarted it. it started with out a problem. i was just wonderingif that how the govenor works on my engine or if somethingis wrong. any help.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Well I am not sure how the limiter works on a 92, but I am sure that it is close to my 99. Once you hit the limiter, the fuel is shut off from the engine until your speed drops below the set limit. In my car if I hold the throttle down, then eingine turns on-off-on-off untill I decide to let up. Sounds like your car stalled because of the fuel loss. My car will not stall out, but that could be becuse I dont hit the clutch, therefore the cars momentum keeps the engine spinning so it keeps stays running once it gets back below the limit.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the car stalled before i let up onthe clutch. i just stepped on the clutch to restart it. ivejust never heard on a engine stallingwhen the govenor kicked in. either way it run fine. no problems

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
ive never had that happen on my 91 or my 95, weird. but i never have gotten the car to go over 105 before the limiter kicks in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
lets all have a TOP SPEED RUN one day and we'll all get this on tape of sentra racer hittin 116 and blowing up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.