Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well my speedo cable was broke and so was my lutch cable lever piece or whatever you call it ...

well the car has been sitting for a week cause i just didnt feel like working on it.

today i had a little free time b4 work so i stopped my nissan and bought a new speedo cable set up from the tranny up and then a new clutch cable setup.




along with a new Nissan Air filter lol genuine



it took me an hour to replace all those parts and custom fit my new autometer speedo in perfectly :)

not to bad


I just ordered a temp and fuel level gauge to match this set now and I already have the tach.

replacing the clutch cable setup was the best thing ever it feels like a new car now.. see the new cable system has that white grease all in it and its so smooth I guess my old one had lost the greace over time... now the clutch pedal feels like a brand new car feather light

all of this only cost me 85$ total
27$ for the speedo cable
and 47$ for the clutch one
and 10$ for the filter

i would say even if your parts dont need replacing at the time replace the clutch cable you will see a big difference.
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Dropped89 said:
ok well my speedo cable was broke and so was my lutch cable lever piece or whatever you call it ...

well the car has been sitting for a week cause i just didnt feel like working on it.

today i had a little free time b4 work so i stopped my nissan and bought a new speedo cable set up from the tranny up and then a new clutch cable setup.




along with a new Nissan Air filter lol genuine



it took me an hour to replace all those parts and custom fit my new autometer speedo in perfectly :)

not to bad


I just ordered a temp and fuel level gauge to match this set now and I already have the tach.

replacing the clutch cable setup was the best thing ever it feels like a new car now.. see the new cable system has that white grease all in it and its so smooth I guess my old one had lost the greace over time... now the clutch pedal feels like a brand new car feather light

all of this only cost me 85$ total
27$ for the speedo cable
and 47$ for the clutch one
and 10$ for the filter

i would say even if your parts dont need replacing at the time replace the clutch cable you will see a big difference.
Looks good. Just courios, can you post a pic of the entire bay. I want to how all of it looks. And on another note I just went to nissan last week and bought a lug nut for my car, that fu**en thing cost $4.00 each. (no auto part store carried exact fit ones thats why I went to nissan)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn $4 dollers thats messed up that they charged you that much for a lug heh.

well anyways here is the full engine bay aswell as a pic of how the new speedo fits ... I still need to make the housing for it and put my tach in it. Im waiting though because I just ordered the Fuel level gauge and I want to get a few others in there too.



 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
at the risk of sounding dumb as hell is your car carbed or fuel injected? And if carbed why does you air box look different from mine? I like the strut tower bar and found one at www.nopi.com for a B12 but I aint bought it yet. dont know if it actylly will fit on my car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its the GA16i engine fuel injected.
the strut bar will fit your car the on;y problem ive herd though with the carb engines is the clearence on the air box..

that strut bar is off a 95 sentra too :)
 

·
Garage Sultan
Joined
·
1,173 Posts
red88 said:
And if carbed why does you air box look different from mine?
The B12 Came with 2 different engines. The E16i came in 1987-88 models and the GA16i came in 1989-90 models.
The E16i had a round airbox whereas the GA16i has the square one that you can see.

-Nick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
sentrastud said:


The B12 Came with 2 different engines. The E16i came in 1987-88 models and the GA16i came in 1989-90 models.
The E16i had a round airbox whereas the GA16i has the square one that you can see.

-Nick
Actually there where 3 engines for b12s. 1987-1988 had E16s (carburated), 1988-1989 where E16i (throttle body injected, F.I.), 1989-1990 had GA16i (throttle body injected, F.I.). This is what I know. I might be wrong on the years.

My old B12 engine bay(R.I.P.)
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
RockyB said:

Actually there where 3 engines for b12s. 1987-1988 had E16s (carburated), 1988-1989 where E16i (throttle body injected, F.I.), 1989-1990 had GA16i (throttle body injected, F.I.). This is what I know. I might be wrong on the years.

My old B12 engine bay(R.I.P.)
thats my motor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
346 Posts
Classic

Wow i have made respect for a classic........how ya doin B11-B12 boyz? Im a B13 boy......just wanted to let you guys know I still got mad respect for the Classic B11-B12 Peace Out!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
true true thnks for the post GTR

we are doing pretty good.
I love these old classic cars cause people dont ever expect to get there ass beat in a 89 Sentra on a good ole curvy road :)
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top