Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Fully Bolted + Juiced!
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well guys after the accident, incurance covered only two of my wheels. I just went ahead and bought a new set. What do you think:

·
El Chingon
1,752 Posts
wow, excellent choice! i love that they are not bling bling and they look sporty too.

·
Proud 2004 X-Trail Owner
691 Posts
WOW, really great, now you've to tell both secrets:

Tell us about the accident...

Brand, model, sizes, where? etc.

·
Fully Bolted + Juiced!
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check out the story here Jalal:

Story

BTW I would send you the wheels if you weren't that far away :cheers:

Coco: Thx :)

·
Fully Bolted + Juiced!
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
manuelga said:
WOW, really great, now you've to tell both secrets:

Tell us about the accident...

Brand, model, sizes, where? etc.
Manny the links above:D

Wheels are made by League Racing. They operate one of Konig's factories down in Asia. The size is 17x7 on Yokohama AVS tires (same ones I had before).

·
Proud 2004 X-Trail Owner
691 Posts
Yikes, I've read your story, it's really the first pic look awfull, fortunately no personal damages, just metal & tin damages.

Now your Exty looks great :thumbup:

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
Terranismo said:
Check out the story here Jalal:

Story

BTW I would send you the wheels if you weren't that far away :cheers:

Coco: Thx :)
Mate! that's quite a story! I'm glad you guys made it OK with no serious damage to yourselves and/or the exy.

As others stated in their replies to you. Don't let this guy get away with it, especially if he was DUI!

RE: wheels. Lets meet somewhere in the middle ;)

·
Fully Bolted + Juiced!
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thx for the comments guys. We were pretty shook up after the ordeal but thank God nothing happenned to us. The X held up pretty well for the impact. Even with the shot front suspension it was driveable and that front wheel didn't let the tire loose any air pressure.

The dealer had to replace the following:

Right Shock Absorber
Right Suspension A Arm
Suspension Plate
Other Miscelanous Parts

Parts total came out to $600.00 plus more than $300.00 in labor. The paint job wasn't that much and I was given $300.00 towards the purchase of a new set of wheels.

My insurance is sure to go after him and I'll be expecting a full deductible refund around the middle of March. I had to pay almost a $600.00 since I'm younger than 25. :thumbdwn:

Those $600.00 will go towards project Skoda:D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey, your X looks great. I'm thinking about aftermarket wheels. Could you tell me what size of tires did you use and also what the offset is on those wheels ?
BTW - what is project Skoda ?

·
Fully Bolted + Juiced!
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mike I can't remember the exact size right now (I'll get the tomorrow when there's some daylight) but I think they are 225/55R17.

Project Skoda is one of my other cars. it's a 2003 Skoda Octavia, basically a rebadged (and redesigned) VW Jetta IV. :)

·
Fully Bolted + Juiced!
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For all you fellow X-Trailers who asked the size of my tires is 250/55R17. If you go any wider the rear tires WILL rub against the shock towers. The fronts have no problem whatsoever when in full turn.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Terranismo said:
For all you fellow X-Trailers who asked the size of my tires is 250/55R17. If you go any wider the rear tires WILL rub against the shock towers. The fronts have no problem whatsoever when in full turn.
Did you mean 255/50/17 ? Also what model are those new wheels ?

·
Fully Bolted + Juiced!
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mike dockal said:
Did you mean 255/50/17 ? Also what model are those new wheels ?
Yeap, thx for the correction. The wheels are League Racing Wheels. I don't think you'll be able to find them in Canada though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts