Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
RAWRscareh
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i love working at a garage. we have a BIG box of broken impact guns, half of them are easy fixes, like a broken nipple, or a stuck trigger, or something that simply hasnt been oiled in years

i got myself a trio of Ingersoll Rand 231H 1/2 impact guns (one is complete, the other two are in pieces, already cannabalized for parts)...here's hopin i got the parts on-hand to make a new gun out of it. either way, theres a couple local IR retailers near me, and they do sell rebuild kits

btw, can someone confirm / deny the model # for me? im on IR's site looking for a repair manual (or user manual?)???...the sticker (most of it is scraped off, see attached pictures), from what i can read says "231H 1/2 Impact_______"

anyone rebuilt these before? so i have an idea of what im gettin into?

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
generally there's not much to them on the inside.. a coupld gaskets and seals, then the hammer and rest of the rotating assembly. they're pretty simple.

the IR231H is a current model still, so I'm sure you can get parts for it.
yours look slike a 231-2H though, since it's got the long anvil on the end.
http://www.irtools.com/auto/air_impact_tools.asp

·
RAWRscareh
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
matt is the man!

now if you only knew where i could find the service manual for it :banana:

thanks for the info matt, i was on IR's site, and under impact tools, and service/repair manuals, theres no info on the 231H or 231-2H

1 - 4 of 4 Posts