Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i want 100mph earlier this week and my engines been noisy. like a desiel. yester i get ready to go home from work no compression, all stallin out and then this terriable sound and now she wont start. i see red rummer all over the engines compartment. im gonn asnap some pics when i get it over to the garrage. o wonder how much an install on the ga16i would be. really want an sr20 but i got no $$$ even for a stock engine. oh krapp.
i just upgraded wheels brakes suspension too. man spent $1000 on all that 1 month and i think i blew a head gasket. i might be back on the bike?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
omni, if you need work done I have a guy that does excellent work and he is very reasonable. He's west of you just past the 429, he does everything from A/C to trannys, let me know what's up,

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
red stuff? well hows your sv joints maybe its red bearing grease everywhere or its red tranny fluid... orrrr red radiator fluid. i really dont know wha the red stuff is but its VERY common with the ga16i engines to blow the timing area up somehow, weather it be a timeing gaurd or the chain itself i sugest checkin to see if u are on timing

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
big thick rubber chunks, is the red stuff its not a fluid. my head seal has the same red rubber. prob was timing chain too. ill find out soon. gonna put her on the lift on monday

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ok my buddys tell me nissan uses the same red rubber sealer to seal the area for the timing chain... this might get expensive. is a timing chain in our cars a bitch to do? i got the ga16i? does the engine stay in?

i havent even found out if theres other damage, if the engines gotta come out ill just get a new one mine has 181,000 miles on it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts