Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up,
Some of you may had seen my brief WTB add for a Fluke 87, well I got my self a used 88 for $292.00 shipped(list $478.00). I was just wondering if there were any other 88 owners on the board. I have used a few different Fluke DMMs like the 78,87 and some others, but I dont think I have ever used an 88. Some have told me that the 88 is overdone, but for that price I couldnt pass it up. So are there any other 88 owners here, what do you think of your 88. Got any tips/tricks? I am a proffesional tech and want to be able to get the most out of this meter.
Thanks

·
Registered
674 Posts
I just got an 88 about a month ago. I had a cheap off brand and it sucked, so I forked out the cash. My Matco dealer recommended it to me. I'm not real familiar with all the goodies it has. The older techs say it is real good. I paid a little more than you did. Sounds like you got a good deal on your's.

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
i envy you i cant spend the money on a fluke and there the best.
:( just settle for my radio shack for now.:D

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
barnoun said:
Sounds cool. Besides checking resistance, what else is it used for?

That is a very dangerous questionI could go on and on. LOL
Current
Voltage
Resistance
RPM(yep, thats why its a fancy one)
This is just a small list. Go to http://www.fluke.com/products/home.asp?PID=2278 and check it out. It is a professional grade multi-meter.
I decide to shell out the bucks for one becasue our shop despretly needs another good diag tech and I am trying to "step up to the plate". So far I have come a long ways and still going strong.

·
Driver
736 Posts
Wow...really advanced little meter. Even does smoothing(don't know what that is, but sounds good:)). Hope you get the tech position.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
barnoun said:
Wow...really advanced little meter. Even does smoothing(don't know what that is, but sounds good:)). Hope you get the tech position.
Well I more or less already have that position. I just need to get better and faster. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts