Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
soo i drive a 86 d21 hardbody.
these trucks usually have the air injection systems rotted out.
so my first question is can i remove the system and drive with out it?
and my second qustion is how do u kno if parts on another newer model can fit into my 86 hardbody?thanks for ur time :givebeer:

·
Registered
120 Posts
do you mean the carb?

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
air box is famous for rotting out, I believe alot of people have just by-passed them, but that will depend on the emissions standard in your area. try looking in the local j/ys for a replacement, but they're probably rotted too.

as far as what fits. 86.5-97 HBs and 86.5-95 pathys are interchangeable, aside from the changes nissan made. i.e. carb to throttlebody to injected, z24 to ka24, vg30 is the same except for intake system. dashes changed around 94 I think. hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey i have a prob with my 92 hard body 4x4. the motor is nockin well it sounds like its comin from the top end. when i change the oil the sound goes away for a week or two then comes back. i change oil again a sound goes away. would you have a clue what could be the prob?thanks.keith.

·
Registered
120 Posts
could be the oil pump, have it run and open the oil cap, if its spitting up at you its fine, if not much oil spits at you its bad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts