Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to the nissan world. I have an Audi A4 and shes touchy with the oil i use being a tuned turbo, i was just curious if there were any recommendations on a brand of oil/filter to use for this 3.5 motor. its got about 180 k for milage. ITs a 2007, thanks folks!

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,359 Posts
An excellent motor oil to use is the fully synthetic Mobil-1 "extended performance" or the "high mileage" if the engine is starting to use more oil then normal.

The best oil filter to use is the Nissan OEM filter. Other good filters are the Mobil-1 filter and the Purolator filter.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,504 Posts
Everyone has their own opinion. You can use conventional 5W30 oil and it will work fine. If you prefer synthetic oil, that will work fine, too. As long as it meets the manufacturers specs, it will be fine. Personally, I have the 3.5's "big brother," the VQ40DE, and I always use Walmart's Supertech Full-synthetic 5W30 in them with a genuine Nissan oil filter or, when in a pinch, a Purolator Pure One. The oil sells for about $17 per 5-quart jug (last time I checked) and I change it at 7500 mile intervals. I've had two oil analysis done and they both looked good (one sample had 12,000 miles on it). If you want to spend more for Mobile One, Royal Purple, Amsoil or whatever your preference, they'll all work fine, too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts