Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wassup ya.....well i just got into a little car crash today and rear ended a car...damn i was mad...my se-r which i just brought about 3 months ago i now so so unhappy its front is all smashed in and i hope the insurance company doesnt take it away........but aniways i hope i find another one to replace it or hopefully i can rebuild the front...my bumper is all good but my lights is shattered and my hood is bent....the radiator is pushed in and my left side fender is dented.....what do ya think....is it possible for me to fix or ya think i should just try to find another.....there so hard to find thou...but i just wanted to see wat ya would say?:(

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
First off I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune. Expect the insurance company to total it. I'd buy the car back from them and fix it. You could do like this one guy did over at the SR20DEforum did and get a sunny front end for like $800 and then just fix it or have it fixed with those parts. I just would hate to see another classic end up a parts car. I'm looking for a classic myself right now and I've already missed out on two cherry ones and am hoping the one I'm planning to purchase doesn't get snatched out from under me. If you've got the time, skill and patience you could get one of the several parts cars available for like $500 and have everything you need to get yours back up again and part the rest of the parts car out and considerably cut your losses and maybe break even on the parts car. But that'd take some time and perseverance. That's what I'd do, check the SE-R.net ads as well as the SR20DEforum ads, I know there's at least one parts car available that you can buy the whole thing. There's a running black SE-R for $980 that has rust but that seems to be it's only problem. Then I saw one for $500 somewhere.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea some of my friends just looked at it and they told me to just forget about it and it would cost more than my car but i dont know i really want it and i wouldnt mind getting another but you know how hard it is to find them classics but ill wait til the insurance checks it out and see wat they say i know there probably going to say that its total but well just wait and see...thanks for you advice thou

1 - 3 of 3 Posts