Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am new to this forum and appreciate the opertunity you have given me to join. I am a Jamaican living in Miami an presently own a 2002 ser spec-v.
The only mods so far is a hot shot CAI, runs great also just got the energy suspension engine mount inserts which I am going to install on Saturday.
I am planning on going turbo sometime soon but need a good engine management system preferrably from AEM, does anyone know when they will have a plug and play one for our cars.
Thanks for anyway help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
golruss said:
Hi all,
I am new to this forum and appreciate the opertunity you have given me to join. I am a Jamaican living in Miami an presently own a 2002 ser spec-v.
The only mods so far is a hot shot CAI, runs great also just got the energy suspension engine mount inserts which I am going to install on Saturday.
I am planning on going turbo sometime soon but need a good engine management system preferrably from AEM, does anyone know when they will have a plug and play one for our cars.
Thanks for anyway help.
I am new member and I posted my thred in the wrong forum. How can I move my technical thred from the "new members forum" to a more tech one?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nismo 1997

Nismo1997 said:
Welcome to NF, sounds like you got some plans to do to your ride. I would go with the JWT ECU upgrade.
Thank you. I do have plans, but the last time I spoke to Ben at JWT they were still diong R&D on the spec-v computers, are you saying its now ready?
I had a classic in Jamaica with the JWT setup and it ran good.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
Nismo1997 said:
Welcome to NF, sounds like you got some plans to do to your ride. I would go with the JWT ECU upgrade.

stop smoking crack. there is no jwt ECU for b15s.

stay back in the b14 sections.

there are no specific engine management systems for the B15. AEM will be coming out with a universal management system in february that can be used....however I don't even recommend using a standalone unless you've built the internals and sleeved the engine.

on a stock engine, the SAFC II is more than adequate.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
golruss said:
Thank you. I do have plans, but the last time I spoke to Ben at JWT they were still diong R&D on the spec-v computers, are you saying its now ready?
I had a classic in Jamaica with the JWT setup and it ran good.

no, he just doesn't know what he's talking about.

also, don't hold your breath for that ECU....JWT has been telling people that for 2 years now.

·
PowerdBySteamtoCookRice
281 Posts
chimmike said:
no, he just doesn't know what he's talking about.

also, don't hold your breath for that ECU....JWT has been telling people that for 2 years now.

haha, yeah. dont get confused over that. :cheers:

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
An ECU reflash is supposedly comming for our cars by a company called Technosquare. Whether it be a reflash or completely aftermarket ECU, it isnt worth it. If you mod, the best management is an SAFC2 for our cars which controls and air and fuel mixture. Why is this the best? Because an aftermarket ECU is designed to do that, raise the redline, up the boost and a few other odds and ends. Our engine cannot handle any higher of a redline and is obviously not going to up the boost since our cars are not turbocharged. On a bolted Spec, a SAFC2 will yield upwards of 8-10WHP. IIRC the turbo kits run SAFC2 also and do not need AEM EMS. I may be wrong on that though.

·