Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my friends got a newer Impala the other day and i was looking at it and as i was looking at it 2 things screamed out Skyline as i looked at it... The tail-lights and the headlights both look like they were ripped off from the skyline. Its not exact but it does look quite similar to a skyline imo.

I mean just look at these pics

compared to

·
Gotta Represent
403 Posts
the 05 impala, the ones without that shitty red thing in the back, looked like a skyline to me at first, didnt really notice the headlights until you pointed them out, but i doubt nissan can do anything about it!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
atleast the skylines are faster lol.... thats something nissan did just incase GM pulled something like this off

·
Registered
62 Posts
yeah the new 05 Impala just has circular tails, not that whole red thing back there, and I think the 05 has slightly different headlights. Something to me seems different about it.

But who cares about that, back to talking about the Skyline.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
close minded much?

the Corvette had circular tail lights at least a decade before the skyline ever did.

So, the skyline is copying from the corvette.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
of course the imala copied the corvette, just like the Cobalt taillights are corvette inspired.

Chevy sure as hell didn't go copying the skyline. You teenagers are hilarious

·
Whoa...
2,073 Posts
chimmike said:
of course the imala copied the corvette, just like the Cobalt taillights are corvette inspired.

Chevy sure as hell didn't go copying the skyline. You teenagers are hilarious
i also think the cobalt is more "skyline" then the impala... i mean, its an impala, no one is mistaking it for a skyline anytime soon...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I once saw a 2000 Impala that clearly had a conversion attempt at a Skyline. Certain Silver Impala's dont have the red thing on the back of the impala. It's covered up and all you see is the 4 red taillights. This car had a body kit on it, all emblems shaved off, and two fatty muffers, lol as if that pushrod v6 could compete with the menacing Inline 6 of a Skyline!!! :D

Also if you did some research you'd know that those 4 tail lights are originally a concept for the Impala not the Corvette. The 1960 Impala was the first Chevy to start having the multi-taillight setup. Although it had 3 on each side, it was wildly popular. So Chevy imported the idea to Corvettes for the 1961. They didnt want to clutter the back end too much due to its tight body frame and slanted rear end. So they only dropped 2 on each side. The 2 taillight setup on Corvettes is now even more famous then the 3 taillight setup from the crazy popular 1960 - 65 Impalas. The 1965 had multi tailights too but its fugly!!! :D

·
Gotta Represent
403 Posts
come back on that one mike!!

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
rasibe said:
thats a chevy malibu not a impala, impalas are 2 door coupes.
Impalas come in 2 and 4 door flavor. And I'm pretty sure you can see the Impala emblem on the trunk lid.... ;)

·