Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, ive had my glow gauges for like 4.5 months now, after 2 months of having them they started to flicker on and off (at random times), ok so i figured the power source wasnt delivering enough power (the power source is the wire that was spliced into, i think the interior lights that come on with the parking lamps), ok i then decided to put a switch on the wires for the gauges, and wire directly to battery. Then they still flicker on and off at random times. Does anyone know what the problem is? maybe a bad transformer for the gauges? should i buy a new set, and just use that transformer? thanks for all inquiries !
 

·
Nissan Ninja
Joined
·
288 Posts
I have the same problem, only mine flicker on and are usually off now I got them off ebay so im guessing they just suck. I hope to buy new ones off of importintellegence or whatever its spelled.
 

·
new motor & tranny
Joined
·
1,756 Posts
who was the ebay seller, do you remember?
Im gonna buy glow gaugues next week and i wouldn't want to buy them from that seller
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont remember the ebay seller, like i said it was like 4 months ago....but ill just deal with it.....my friend has the same problem, juss not as bad.....eh, just when you get it, hook it directly to a switch...dont hook it to a stock power supply, b/c i think that might drain the transformer of the gauges....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
instructions tell you (if you find instructions on internet like i did)...to splice power wire from gauges into a stock electrical system wire (ie parking lamps)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
rselah25 said:
i dont remember the ebay seller, like i said it was like 4 months ago....but ill just deal with it.....my friend has the same problem,
1st - Are they reverse or indiglo glow gauges?
2nd - If they are indiglo are they two colors?
3rd - If they are 2 colors are you put swich w/dimmer and this extra transformator?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts

·
new motor & tranny
Joined
·
1,756 Posts
Scyzor75 said:
1st - Are they reverse or indiglo glow gauges?
2nd - If they are indiglo are they two colors?
3rd - If they are 2 colors are you put swich w/dimmer and this extra transformator?
he is talking about the same ones that you got. He even got it from the same seller on ebay like you did.
 

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
Joined
·
504 Posts
dont get gauges off of ebay they suck ass if you want quality guages buy them from a real store. you may pay a little more but at least they wont suck
 

·
new motor & tranny
Joined
·
1,756 Posts
the problem is that the full glow gauges are hard to get. Nissnacks used to make them but after the company seized to exist...ebay is the best place to get gaugues like that.
If you know of a store or online place that sells them let me know cause i dont know of one that sells those.

P.S
I got my HVAC full glow gauges and ive had them for like 7 months now and i have no problems. I got them off of ebay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
B14_Stealth said:
damn thats the same guy that i was gonna get my gaugues from.
It sucks cause i think that is the only guy who is selling them :(
Then I will waitnig for a time when gauges starts to blink :thumbdwn:

PS.
Question - why that guy from eBay has only 10 negatives - all are positive?

PS.2.
I checked all of negative - nothing about not working gauges or something about blinking (only about payment, wrong item, not feeting itme etc.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
rselah25 said:
instructions tell you (if you find instructions on internet like i did
Strange - I got an istruction how to install with the gauges.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
rselah25 said:
dont hook it to a stock power supply, b/c i think that might drain the transformer of the gauges....
Tranformer makes voltage bigger or lower - when you get gauges with installation instruction there was described where to connect the power. Also when you know physics all was written on trafo box [when You haven't installation instruction].
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea but those installation instructions that say splice into a stock electrical wire....BAD IDEA....just dont do it.....and i got the reverse glow gauges and change from blue to a blueish green...and they have a transformer and all with a control block (controls for changing colors)....then have 2 wires + -...to where you hook + up to power (use a switch) and - to a ground....all in all its worth 15$ on ebay for them....
 

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
Joined
·
504 Posts
well every once and a while you'll get lucky with ebay equipment but not always if i come across a site i will pm you about it

Don
 

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
Joined
·
504 Posts
B14_Stealth said:
the problem is that the full glow gauges are hard to get. Nissnacks used to make them but after the company seized to exist...ebay is the best place to get gaugues like that.
If you know of a store or online place that sells them let me know cause i dont know of one that sells those.

P.S
I got my HVAC full glow gauges and ive had them for like 7 months now and i have no problems. I got them off of ebay.
well you always can get lucky every once and while hell even i have gotten some hella good deals off of ebay but if i do come across a good site wit them i will pm you about it

Don
 

·
new motor & tranny
Joined
·
1,756 Posts
hooking it up to a switch isn't the best idea since you want the guauges to light up when your lights come on. When i hooked up my full glow guauges for the HVAC they came without a transformer..all i had to do is test for a hot wire behind the HVAC when the lights are on and i tapped into that. Since the install i haven't had any problems.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top