Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas for a a glovebox for a 98 200sx b14 i was think putting gauges in it but i dont know.

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
a year ago i came up with an idea to put PS2 in glow box, not like totaly hide it but actually cut an opening and customize it so that you could see PS2 and load/unload games without opening the glow box. It was just an idea, i never went through to test it if it would work.

·
TRIPPLITE COMMAND CONSOLE
109 Posts
oh glove box love..

I was planning on having some "stealth" electronics in my glovebox..
since radar detectors are ILLEGAL in VA.. but so is jammin.. :loser:

I would think the NEWER Ps2 would fit better since it is really slim and ive heard .. it doesnt over heat too bad.
its really up to you on what you want to do to your car/glovebox.. maybe invest in some type of lock for the glovebox and trunk for those ever so dreaded searches.. (police can be annoying sometimes) IMO.

other then that i can give you a bunch of ideas...
PS2
Gauges
Monitor for your passenger.
weapons? (maybe)
be like pimp my ride and install something wild out like a candy dispenser
neons
switches for whatever you want
etc etc..
the list just goes on and on

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
if you want to put gadges in but want it nifty looking do as follows:
-go to home depot and get some lexan glass (it will be easy to cut and you can put neon under it)
-find the diameter of your gadges and buy PVC pipeing with the same diameter
-use a hole saw and cut where you want to put the gadges
-take the pvc and cut one end flat and the other to the height/angle you desire your gadge to sit at (cant be to high/long or it wont sit in at an extreme angle)
- glue the pvc over the hole on the lexan and place the gadge in the pvc
-you should now have your gadges angled toward you at the agle you chose
- tint the lexan or paint it (if you tint it the neons will show through the bottom :thumbup:
be like pimp my ride and install something wild out like a candy dispenser
you never want to be like Pimp my ride.............

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
i had an lcd screen on my b14...

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have a friend with a supercharged nitrous injected mustang that mounted a nitrous guage with key arming switch an activation swith on a nice leather covered panel it look's sweet!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I inserted some gauges to see what they look like and they fit perfectly in there but i also had other ideas for the gauges so i stupmed for right now.

Another question: I was thinking inerting my PS2 under my passeger seat and having a screen back there but with people geting in and out and the seat moving im not sure if thats a good idea?

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
i would skip the idea of the ps2 under the seats if you have people seating in the back. If you do ..then your ps2 will probobly get destroyed :( . My idea was to put it in the middle of the rear deck next to the rear window. This way its easy to load the games, and the wireless controllers would have reception in the whole car.....just an idea :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
B14_Stealth said:
i would skip the idea of the ps2 under the seats if you have people seating in the back. If you do ..then your ps2 will probobly get destroyed :( . My idea was to put it in the middle of the rear deck next to the rear window. This way its easy to load the games, and the wireless controllers would have reception in the whole car.....just an idea :D

yea because i use to have my amp under my seat and evrything just got destroyed even with the wires hidden i had to move it to the trunk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts