Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that a couple of people have used the black glass tint on their headlights...my question is, if I spray the chrome trim around the doors, how can I prevent it from rubbing off? Do I use a clearcoat spray? Basically, I just want to tint the chrome areas a little...give it a black chrome look...but not totally black. Any input appreciated.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
Try using a bonding agent. You can get it at any local paint shop, it comes in a spray can. The only thing is that you should really sand down the chrome trim so it will have a good surface for the piant to stick to, but that why i suggested the bonding agent. It should do the trick...

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I actually bought this little bottle of some liquid that you mix with water and you use a sprey bottle to put on the window...then the wtaer/liquid bond with the adhesive after several hours. Its usaully by the window tinting and supplies like at Checkers and actually even Wal-Mart

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hear you about the bonding agent...but I still want the chrome look...sorta like black chrome. Wont sanding the time get rid of the chrome?
Basically, I'll be doint the headlights, door chrome trim, emblems, everything with chrome outside.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
yea dont sand it, that why i said to use the bonding adgent. It is clear, and when you put on the black tint it will have something to bond to. So i will more resistant to peeling. You could also use a clear coat to further protect it. They sell that in a spray can also.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok Nostrodomas...I see. Nail polish would be very time consuming, and I cant put it on my headlights. ;) Thanks for the input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts