Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, glad to be here. I've spent quite a bit of time familiarizing myself with the SpecV forum, and have already found a ton of great info. Thanks!
I purchased a new (230 miles on it) '04 SpecV this past September and I love my new car. I haven't done much with it yet, but have just installed Energy Suspension motor mounts and custom made a new grill out of 1/4" diamond grid steel and installed it this past Saturday. Too bad that the stock I purchased wasn't galvanized or stainless :dumbass: . It took all of about 12 hours for it to ozidize. :mad: Grrrrrr.......So I'll be removing this and either re-doing the work using stainless (found a friend who has a metal band-saw so will be a crapload easier than the first time using tin snips, my hands are still killing me!) or investing in a wire brush and doing a little rust removal and then either priming/painting or powdercoating the finished product.
I love the way the new grill looks (aside from the current rust of course)and it is a pleasure to look at everytime I see it, knowing that I made it myself. Looks killer, I'll post a picture as soon as I get one the above-mentioned problem corrected. The stock grill was the item that bothered me the most about the appearance of my ride, and now that it has been replaced I am very happy. I wish that the front-end was styled like the '02 model, but I can live with what I've got now that I have a solution to the stock grill.
The motor mounts are a great add on and were simple to install. I helped a friend install the same a few months ago and this time it was very simple. The improvement off the line, shifting (reduction in gear stick play), cornering and the added bonus of a better overall sound coupled with improved connection to the road made it more than worth the time and money to do this install.
Anyway, that's about where it's at, I look forward to adding CAI in the near future, and have again done this once before on a friend's car, so I know it will be a simple job.

·
What's in your wallet?
2,640 Posts
Congratulations on joining NF!!:thumbup: Wish you luck with your battle against the rust.

·
05-06 NF FF CHAMPION!
3,960 Posts
welcome to the forum man... glad you're here :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the well wishes guys, I'm heading out to find some materials right now and get that grill tackled! It's buggin' the crap out of me. :)

·