Nissan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Datsun Guy
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Wire Map progress...

I'm working on the wire map most of the stuff is pretty obvious but the color codes are coming back to annoy again.

My e15t dizy has different colored wires, I'm only sure of 1 of the 4 wires.
( in fact my e16s only has 2 wires, so he's referring to a e16i dizzy or something... )

MY e15t TPS is a 2 wire kind :p didn't know I needed the ga16 TPS.

why doesn't my ga16 harness have a place for the knock sensor? maybe it shouldn't Or for that matter the 'exhaust gas sensor' which uses the same wire. maybe i shouldn't worry so much.

I've mapped which wires need +12 to get the computer running.

·
Datsun Guy
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
waiting...

waiting for:
--------------------------------------------------
4 pin weather pak from summit racing
SAFC-II from group buy ( this may hold things up some :rolleyes: )
N12 manual from australia
fuel pump from minutericesnetra
--------------------------------------------------

I should make notes at to the actual colors on the ga16 harness and see if the confusion continues.

I think i might be stuck for a while until these things arrive :(

·
Datsun Guy
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
got fuel pump

yay!

supposedly the 93 ga16de doesn't have a knock sensor, just like the wiring diagram says.

Wish there was anything i can do to day to make progress on this. well i'll probably go to the JY and try to digure out what those mystery connectors go to.

:cheers:

·
Datsun Guy
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
well what's going on?

waiting on the right N12 manual, seems I was sent the wrong one, but was notified before it arrived... :rolleyes:

Got the 4 pin weatherpak connector for the distributor CAS maybe I'll put that on tonight.

Stealing seats out of the b11 to put in the datsun so I can sell the drivers seat.

·
Datsun Guy
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
what's going on now?

Still waiting for the GB on the SAFCII to close... Got the ga16 TPS :) should see if it will work on the sr20 TB... which i still haven't tried fitting to the e15t.

the other day while browsing datsun 1200.com I found something interesting... e15t powered datsun 210! I have to replace the tranny in my 210 anyways... I wish it was just that easy. I have to put in a higher pressure fuel pump... so I guess it's not quite that easy. but wouldn't that be fun. supposedly the datsun 210 tranny fits there's just 1 bolt that doesn't match.

I was distracted this weekend with stripping all the paint off my datsun and primering it.

I did put a new connector on the e15t dizzy.

too bad this is moving forward so slow. I want a turbo!

·
Datsun Guy
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
well i'm gonna have to have a little part fabbed. The Ga16de TPS doesn't attach to the SR20 TB. Big surprise... What's good is that there is enough space to have a little metal adaptor that takes up the sr20 butterfly shaft and then fits into the ga16de tps and would be keyed properly. this might be a good time to try that online machine shop as this part is less than 1" long and has very little machining to do. Second question... does the sr20 TB fit? I dunno... haven't gotten around to trying to fit it. might have to make an adaptor, but thats pretty easy.

Gotta mail the n12 manual back to OZ so they'll send the right book...

other progress?

not really...

learning about exciting things like paint n auto body. I think i'll be swapping the bad tranny out of my datsun soon, got the new tranny ups yesterday and took it out and i think i can figure out how to take the old one out and put a new clutch / flywheel in. What does any of this have to do with the swap? Well the datsun is the easiest car to repair, so i feel more confident that I can do this other crazy swap. Then I'm putting one in the datsun. Think of all the money saved in parts when you have 2 cars that have the same engine. E15t's are running 11's in FWD cars, RWD = faster!

After I've done this ( it can be done right... I was told it can be done ) It should be way easier for anyone else to do.

//danny. u ever take that flywheel to get it lightned at TEP? i think i need to visit there too.

·
Datsun Guy
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Would you hate me if...

I'm having one of those days where using a stand alone ECU sounds like a better option. With the stand alone you don't need a SAFCII ( saves $300-500)

I really want a motec m4! that would make this so easy. yeah it's some money, but it will work way better.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
this would rastically change the setup your using right now but you could use the ga16de harness that your currently putting in :) and yes it would work way better as long as can tune it correctly :)

·
Datsun Guy
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
E15t dizzy wires identified... other random progress

thanks to [email protected]
black is ground, red is 12v, green is top dead centre of no. 1 cyl signal and
yellow is crank angle degree signal. I'll have to work this info into the wiring chart.

Waiting for the safc to show up one of these days. I've gotten emails from the person doing the group buy so I should see it in the next week(s).

Snagged a nismo clutch disk fot the e15t $25. I think i'll use the spare pressure plate from the 210 with it since the 210 pressure plate has more clamping force supposedly.

the n12 manual should be coming from australia soon as well.

danny's selling me a simple roll cage for the b11, so that's a good thing to have.

i have to go work on painting the datsun. it's going to be very hot out.

·
Datsun Guy
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
Progress!

Ok Long time since the last updates.

Updated wiring map. probably done except SAFC stuff...

SAFC II will actually show up sometime. (soon)

Can I take the "air pipe" out completely? Since I'm taking all the air regulation and FCID out does that air pipe need to be there?

Where does the MAF go? On the low pressure inlet before the turbo or after the turbo?

Can I put a cone filter on the MAF and attach the maf to the turbo inlet and then have the outlet of the turbo go directly the throttle body ( by way of the IC / BOV??? )

'Discovered' that i probably need a ga16de throttle body and fuel pump relay. Might not need the relay, there are other ways to make it work...

need to look at he N12 FSM and figure out what vaccum lines I need and what they hook to.

I'll be having a nice little intercooler and blow off valve too.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
Can I take the "air pipe" out completely? Since I'm taking all the air regulation and FCID out does that air pipe need to be there?

-- yes but youll have to patch 2 coolant passage that are underneat it ... i figured that one out getting mine off for cleaning/bead blast... i suggest you have some metal plate done or have it welded shut (aluminium here...)

Where does the MAF go? On the low pressure inlet before the turbo or after the turbo?

-- before the turbo inlet ...

Can I put a cone filter on the MAF and attach the maf to the turbo inlet and then have the outlet of the turbo go directly the throttle body ( by way of the IC / BOV??? )

Yes, but it is recommended that you get at least a 90deg between the turbo and the maf. And also at least a foot away from the turbo (keep the maf away from heat source!!) but it could work too...

'Discovered' that i probably need a ga16de throttle body and fuel pump relay. Might not need the relay, there are other ways to make it work...

--Use the relay from the E16, and yes , youll need the ga16de TB.

need to look at he N12 FSM and figure out what vaccum lines I need and what they hook to.

--EGR, fuel pressure regulator, fuel canister if you keep it, brake booster... hummm wath else!!...

I'll be having a nice little intercooler and blow off valve too.[/QUOTE]

Youll be getting more HP and better 1/4 time than wath im getting right now and probably on 7-9psi ... :thumbup:

41 - 60 of 63 Posts