Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know what is the BEST way to get off the line for automatic's? just like the rest of the b13's, my sentra doesn't do so good at the line. so if anyone could help me out and let me know how i should take off at the line, i would appreciate it.

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Whatever you do, don't drop shift it (or whatever you call racing the engine and slamming it in "D"). I just rev mine a little bit while in D, but even this isn't so smart. No matter what you do it will shorten your tran's life.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i agree with the message above. I don't know if there is any really good way to improve your jump in an automatic without investing in some more goodies. Slamming it into drive or launching with two feet will take its toll on your trans. You can always get a stick! I wouldn't drive anything else.

·
Registered
90 Posts
putting the tranny in nuetral revving then dropping into gear is called "nuetral dropping" it is an excellent way to destroy an auto tranny. if you have a warranty on your tranny now, dont do it. as a mechanic you can tell by the gears and bits of teeth inside what caused the malfunction. therefore your warranty is good for nothing due to owner abuse. your best be to try to lauch better is to practice holding the brake and raising your rpm. you wont get high rpm but it is higher than idle so it helps a little.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts