Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Towards Antisocial
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a lot to read, but trust me, you can't afford not to.

I want a SR20DET. But I want my cake and eat it too. You see... I was about to do a swap but I'm not rich and I'm not a mechanic so I don't want to be screwed everytime I need some little part or two. So I not only want the engine, I want a warranty or at least factory support in the U.S. for whatever I got under the hood. Got me so far?

The Japaneese auto manufacturer's must realize that we are feening for more performance. Look at the new mazda MP5 or mazdaspeed protege (whatever there going to call the thing) so on. How about the lancer, how about the turbo neon, well forget the Neon for now. All I'm saying is there's increased demand for performance 4 cyl. turbocharged engines, and the auto manufacturers have to know this by now. Look at all the guys importing SR20DET's. THere's lots of em. God love em.

I don't want to have to settle for a [email protected]#king neon, do you? If dodge woke up indeed, then why won't Nissan? The time has come for ALL OF US to contact Nissan and show them that we don't want there small displacement Naturally aspirated engines anymore. We want only what they have already designed and built, what is it that's so hard for them to understand? I can at least appreciate there marketing problem's with the Skyline, but c'mon, there's no excuse for denying us the performance SR series engine's and all the other wonderfull technology they have/will develop. Nissan certainly could afford to bring the Silvia over for another chance can't they? I know you guys agree with me so PLEASE, PLEASE help me wake Nissan up won't you. I want NISSAN, not DODGE. I want bulletproof, not bullshit.
So tell me, are you ready to enjoy the drive, or just sit by and surf the internet all day for pictures of pulsar 4WD SR20DET's that you can drain your tissue boxes on.

I'm going to contact Nissan of North America. I'm going to find out everything I can that will help us get what we want damn it. Who else is willing to make there opinions known? I'll let you know what I come up with.

·
Ive got a pickle 4 an arm
340 Posts
... contact Nissan and show them that we don't want there small displacement Naturally aspirated engines anymore.

i'd take a stock SR20VE anyday. thats a n/a engine.

·
Towards Antisocial
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know what scarcrow, if that's all you have to say after all that, then... you just don't get it do you.

·
Towards Antisocial
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nissan wants it too... Let's just point them in the right direction.

Nissan successfully completed the Nissan Revival Plan, a bold three-year plan designed to revive the company, one year ahead of schedule. Starting April 2002, Nissan is implementing its new 3-year business plan, NISSAN 180, a comprehensive three-year operational blueprint for Nissan's continuing revival, calling for growth, profit and zero debt.
Nissan will now begin to roll out its new attractive products in various markets worldwide, including the all-new March launched February 2002 in Japan.
We invite you inside to explore and learn more about Nissan as a company, as well as our operations worldwide.

·
Towards Antisocial
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nissan Consumer Affairs

P.O. Box 191
Gardena, CA 90248
(800) NISSAN-1 (or 800-647-7261)
9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Eastern / Central Time
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time
Monday through Friday

Let em know how you feel.

·
Towards Antisocial
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
This is my first attempt at waking Nissan up. It's long, I know. BUt this is what I sent them so read it if you want, I wanted you to know what I sent them.

Here our cry!! I am speaking on behalf of the thousands and thousands
of NISSAN ENTHUSIASTS that want more from you. No more naturally aspirated
engines, we want options. I can understand denying us the Skyline due to your
marketing situation. But to deny us the SR20DET engine, or turbocharged
front wheel drive or rear wheel drive 4 cyl. for that matter is just a bad
decision, period. I KNOW you can sell the Silvia, just give it a chance.
DOn't strip it and bring it over, bring the S15 K's Monster to us.
I'll buy it. The 300ZX from the early 90's didn't sell the way you wanted it
to because it was somewhat expensive. All you need is a mid-to-high-twenty's
(thousand dollar) car with some serious performance. Don't tell me about the
Spec-V sentra, It just won't do. Where's the turbo's???? If you could offer
us something like the 200SX SE-R but with the SR20DET instead of the SR20DE
we'd be set. A little more aggresive style would have helped also. Why not
take the KA series engine out of the 240SX and drop in the JDM SR20DET.
I speak of this engine BECAUSE IT"S AS FAMOUS IN THE U.S. AS IT IS IN JAPAN.
JUst give us (american's) the chance to enjoy the ride and we certainly will.
We want a chance to buy the stuff you already have designed and are currently
selling to the Japaneese domestic market. Take this to the boardroom and show
the CEO's. go to nissanforums.com, check ebay and see just how many people
are willing to buy used JDM (JAp domestic market) engine's for there
US nissans. PEople are jumping off of bridges to get ahold of what you could
be selling us right now. The demand is here WHY WON'T YOU WAKE UP!!!!!!!!
Supply us with what we want and need. NISSAN, BE DRIVEN. SHIFT. I know you
have a great minded corperate culture. Use it. Call me, if you want, I'll
help you here's my telephone#(813)684-XXXX If you give it a chance you'll
have it all. Look at Mitsubishi trying to introduce the lancer, they didn't
bring the turbocharged model over. NOt good. Look at Mazda. They are releasing
the 2003 MAZDASPEED protege, turbocharged, detailed in a way that WE WANT IT
TO BE. Even Dodge has a turbocharged Neon out, the SRT-4 or something.Everyone
knows nissan is excellent, we are just wondering when we will get a chance to
sample some of the good (performance)stuff too!! Perfect example of one
Nissan mistake is the Infinity G20 (P10, P11)where the SR20 DE is offered
without the option for a SR20DET turbocharged engine. I know of 3 people
personally that decided against the car on the sole reason that it was
underpowered. check out G20.net and see just how much we love your G20/Primera
. Bring that over with a SR20DET and watch it sell like hotcakes.
JApaneese performance is blowing up like crazy and so many of us want to see
Nissan flex there muscle and claim there thrown. I know your releasing the
new Z. But I am asking you to introduce a car many can afford with performance
to boot. LIke an integra GS-R or Type-R. Your Silvia would hit the spot
nicely. Do something...Wake up...PLEASE!!!!

·
340 Posts
no, i get it, you want more preformance based autos. something that most manufactures are keeping out of the US, including US based companied such as Ford. i mean just look at their European market segment. and GM's autrailian market. (as well as Fords)

nissan is giving us preformance based autos. i mean 255 hp out of a Maxima is impressive, and its just the beginning of their more hp for buck mission. and we also have the new SER. which is underappreciated.

but, my point from my first reply is that you shouldn't restrict your statement to forced induction.

then again,
part of me wants to be able to down to the corner someday and pick up a SR20VE like engine. but then the other part of me likes having my own seceret such as a SR20VE under my B13's hood that no one (specially honda boys) knows about. it's that collecters item special that lures me. and specially good when people who i will not name (law enforcers) have no idea exactly how much power is under the hood of that "bland econo car" something that a wrx owner is hard up to defend.

·
Towards Antisocial
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
YOu too can express your thoughts and opinions to Nissan just as I have. Just click the link and fill in the comments section at the bottom of the web page. I gave them my other info also and I suggest you do too so they know your for real. I don't recommend clicking on the select a topic menu, cause none of the topics apply really.

Here's the link:

http://www.nissanusa.com/global/contactus/ContactUsApplication/1,9375,,00.html

·
Towards Antisocial
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I understand where your coming from scarcrow, and I appreciate you reading my post and giving your opinion. Thanks. I guess I'm just dying for a forced induction engine from Nissan. So that's what I'm going to push for. Especially since they tend to lean twards turbocharging there NA engines to increase power. I want a small light weight Forced induction engine, not a big NA V6 or V8, and I wanted to make sure I stressed that to them.

·
340 Posts
that would then be an addition to the line. what you first stated, hit me like you don't think they should produce N/A eninges. asking them to add turbo models is one thing, saying that you no longer want to see N/A models is another, the latter probably not very effective in searching for corprate support.

i feel that letters like such should be carefully crafted to show the seriousness of the statement. if it sounds like just complaining then the reader is more likely to dismiss the letter as "junk mail"

P.S. organizing a group statement along with a petition of signatures to be mailed out in print form would be the most effective and respectfull statement. that would give Nissan proof
of a market for such products and their development. at least in my mind.

·
Towards Antisocial
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm doing what I can bro. I'm doing what I think is right. At least I'm doing SOMETHING. How bout you? I push for what I want and turbocharged is what I want. HAve you sent them your opinions yet? I see what your saying and believe me that is only a small e-mail I sent today. There's tomorrow and the next day and so on. I'm not perfect. Sorry. THat's why I'm asking for help.

·
Towards Antisocial
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How do you propose we get a petition going. Do you think Nissanforums can help?? I'd like to hear from one of the nissanforum guru's about this topic.

·
340 Posts
i'm trying to be helpfull. i'm now saying that through this website, perhaps a petition can be organized to where forum members can sign up. then just gather all the names and send them out in one big mailing.

i'm sure if there is enough support and serious dedication to what your saying, it can be done.

then again, maybe Nissan is already develping such a project. you know that manufactures don't always give the public free peeking when it comes to R&D.

EDIT: there is a start! send PMs out to the admins of the forum and even NPM first. let them know of your idea. ask for support and try to go from there. i'm not sure how to do it, but i know there are ways to finding out how online petitions can be put together so that they are valid. this being a membership forum should be a start with validity.

·
Towards Antisocial
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just [email protected]#ked that email together to act as a blow-of valve of sort's. It's my opinion. I plan on formulating a much more clear concise letter to mail to them. I will try to express my views in a manner that won't be regarded as "junk"

Scarcrow, thanks for refering to my email as junk, I really appreciate feeling like shit after trying to move this forum in a positive direction seeing as so many of us want for Nissans family of turbocharged engines.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
You know that the SR20DET engine is out of production and that it won't pass emissions here don't you?? The SR20VE engine is the new thing and has just recently been released in SR20VET form.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
hey blueboost ,

i hear ya. i wanna be part. I hope that we can get this petition going on. im down with that and i be writing to nissan right away.

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
im in and hear ya loud and clear!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts