Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Right By DA Beach....
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always been cursed with a very stiff clutch pedal and it has always been very hard to get into any gear especially reverse. I put in my ACT clucth and Fidanza Flywheel about 7 months ago. When i first got it the pedal was very easy to push in and went into gear decently easy even in reverse. Slowly from then on the pedal got more stiff and harder to get into gear. Now it is almost impossible to get into any gear.

I have tried to adjust the clutch but no luck there...

I also have replaced the clucth cable twice...

A friend of mine has had the same clutch for even longer than I have and has never had to adjusted it... His pedal still feals very good...

Could it be the Tranny????

·
wont go any faster?
475 Posts
Nuskool said:
I have always been cursed with a very stiff clutch pedal and it has always been very hard to get into any gear especially reverse. I put in my ACT clucth and Fidanza Flywheel about 7 months ago. When i first got it the pedal was very easy to push in and went into gear decently easy even in reverse. Slowly from then on the pedal got more stiff and harder to get into gear. Now it is almost impossible to get into any gear.

I have tried to adjust the clutch but no luck there...

I also have replaced the clucth cable twice...

A friend of mine has had the same clutch for even longer than I have and has never had to adjusted it... His pedal still feals very good...

Could it be the Tranny????
as far as the clutch being really stiff only thing i could think of would be the throw out bearing. and getting in gears i have that problem with 2nd and first but thats only while slowing down but while accelerating its now problem shifting

·
Right By DA Beach....
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the throw out bearings where bad then why did it work when I first put the new clutch in? It is like they went from bad to good then back to bad....

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
could be a lot of different things...how's the fluid and the mounts?

·
wont go any faster?
475 Posts
Nuskool said:
If the throw out bearings where bad then why did it work when I first put the new clutch in? It is like they went from bad to good then back to bad....
well i figured you put a new bearing in when you put the new clutch in cause that would be a good idea

1 - 5 of 5 Posts