Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you removed the air condition belt and the power steering belt and just had the alternater to the water pump conected. and started it for a secound just to see if it sqweaked with just the one belt and it did and did even when just idling is that normal would your truck sqweak with out the power steering belt attached do to no tension.

·
3,553 Posts
$5 says your alternator belt or one of the bearings in one of the driven accessories was squeaking. If there are no belts it should not squeak while running.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I hope you will win that 5 bucks when all is figured out I was starting to wonder if it was one of the pulleys that the crank turns. Becuase when the belts were off of the two previously mentioned it was much worse and at idle speed Witch is a mystery to me why that would be, well as it is now i have the power steering belt and alternater slash water pump conected, I'm not going to worry about the a/c right now. So with the way it is it sqwills when it gets to about 25 30 briefly but loadly. before the belt broke the car did sqeak by the way but only if you full on floored it but that is it, Sometimes it seems to do it when it shifts but i think its a coincidence beeing it all started acting like it does now when a belt broke not when anything new was going on with the tranny plus sometimes when im trying to figure it out i just pull the throttle from the motor and it still does it. while im driving back and forth to work Letting off the gas will make the squeak go away faster to so when im not trying to embarise myself i can time it out a bit. This weekend im going to remove all the belts and give it a go with a charged battery, not drive it but give it gas and give it a listen. So you might be right, I'll let you know. Also might be a water pump to i gues I'll change it if it is I checked the part and it was 50 bucks witch I would tolerate if I could get my daily driver back to shape. I have also considerd taking it in to a shop but im low on money and don't want them to shang hi me. But if comes to that perhaps they could give me a estamate. While trying to figure this problem out I have done alot of searching on this site and it is a great resourse I have learned alot. It is a good thing when people help people just to help people plus I have always been a big nissan fan since my first car, it was a datsun pick up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts