Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and came up empty. Where can I get a gauge cluster with a tach that mounts right in and wires up to existing plugs? any imput would be great

Greg

·
NOt only a customer...
176 Posts
i got one off my 94 se-l it has a tach and yadda yadda it shows 128 or something on the od.. 60 shipped.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but will it plug right into my car? since i dont have an existing tach, then obviously i dont have a wire that will hook up to the cluster to show rpms? will i have to run a seperate wire to something?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
What is a SE-l??
I thought there was E, XE, GXE, SE, and SE-R.
Is it limited or something like that? I have an XE that is supposed to be limited edition.
Anyways, if it would hook up directly to an 93 XE i would be intrested.
I found these but dont know if they would fit. Not sure if speedometer and tach would read correctly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1849665595&r=0&t=0

·
Registered
47 Posts
you need to get an instrument cluster from a 93-94 nissan sentra se w/tach and cut the harness from the donor car. get a wiring diagram for both vehicles and wire up! it's not a bad job if you're electronically inclined, but might be difficult for the average joe. I did it when I had a 94 xe and it wasn't that bad. if you need any help just give me a call (225)273-4098. My name is shannon

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no they are the gauges. it has needles and odomoter and looks like they were pulled out of a car. I just dont know if they would work in my 93 XE.

·
Registered
547 Posts
As does your name agree. Right above where it says where the accepted Credit Cards are...right above it says :

**This Auction is for White face Gauges**

Which means, they are JUST selling the white faces. Also, just right above where it says **This Auction is for White face Gauges**, it says Please visit Import Intelligence yadda yadda. Go to ImportIntelligence.com. Notice that they sell ONLY needles and faces. So that auction is not for the cluster, just the White Faced Gauges.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
LMAO! :D Sorry, but it is funny. I fell for that trick once, bid and won, but never sent them jack. I told them they were misrepresenting their product, because they aren't selling white faced gauges, they are selling white faced gauge inserts. A gauge is the whole functioning aparatus IMO. They didn't press the issue, because either they didn't care or they knew I was right.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
are those not the complete gauges in the picture? They should get him for misleading or something like that.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
No they're not, they're just gauge faces. Go to their website and you'll see. Where I got them was that I asked them, "Don't you need to know what engine I have so that you send me the right cluster with the correct redline on the tach?" They didn't answer. :rolleyes: It's okay if that's a good price for gauge faces but you just need to know what you're buying when you buy it, that's all.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that sucks ass. Ive seen them selling just the white faces and they just showed the inserts not the whole friggin gauge cluster. He should be more clear on what he is selling. False advertisement!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts