Nissan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am soon planning to buy a turbo, so I will need some gauges and what not. I really dig those A pillar Gauges and was planning on buying one right now. What kind of "critical" gauges are out there that I could buy now to put into that gauge holder? Im not sure, if that is "ricey" because I have gauges for a stock motor, but I dont really care. Could I get some for like Oil pressure, Water Pressure? What else is there?

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Gauges for boost...
here are some ideas..

Boost psi
oil temp
oil psi
water temp
EGT(exhaust gas temp)

oil psi is kinda up to you, the car has a "idiot" light, but damage may already be done by the time it comes on. You can spot problems before it gets to that point.

oil temp is good, you want to know if you will need an oil cooler, and you can keep an eye on the temp so you dont fry your turbo bearings.

water temp is good since the factory gauge is useless IMHO(wish I had mine hooked up already :( )

EGT is a good way to make sure you are at temps under the "fry" point of your motor.

Remember you may not need all of these if you are going with a mild turbo, but the would be cool to have :)

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The setup you have is pretty cool. I just like the A Pillar more. Im probably going to get more gauges then I need :D Cause then its like I have something to do during driving, instead of just watching the road. Its more like a cock pit then from a plane, and I will know what im doing. And if other people try to drive my car, they will have no clue what to do :p

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much did you pay for each gauge? I saw some for 20 dollars!?

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Psch91,

Oil psi - $56.95
Water temp - $44.95
Oil temp - cant remember

Mine were not cheap cuz there are all electrical and IMO very good quality. There are 2 5/8" AutoMeter Pro-Comp Ultra-Lite

·
Registered
10 Posts
Gauges

Hey,

Im looking to buy a 45mm oil temp and maybe a volt meter to install in the open spot below the cigarette lighter. Any advice on where to get one or instalation or anything in general, feel free to post.

·
NF's Offical Post Whore
1,972 Posts
I've seen vaccuum gauges on turbo cars too but I dont know what it does. Probably useless. You might want an air to fuel too so that you can get a good mixture. plus the lights on them are pretty

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts

I highly recomend gaugepods.com Excellent quality! Replaces entire A pillar.

As far as gauges, you should also get yourself a turbo timer. Not sure if that is considered more of a meter or not, but seems kind of the same thing to me. I think that is one of the most important things to get

·
3 bar MAP
1,381 Posts
Lotek engineering=gaugepods.com=:thumbup:
my setup

although, if i were to redo my setup....i would use all electronic gauges with peak/memory function and mount them underneath the radio. then just have a shift light above the OEM gauge cluster. u really dont have the time to look at an a pillar when autocrossing or drag racing, plus mounting em lower adds to the sleeper look.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts