Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a burnt out bulb in my '92 Sentra GXE that is driving me crazy, so I removed the black cover around the gauges and got the clear plate out. I then tried pulling the gauges out but it appears that something connected to the back of the console is not long enough. Could the wire just be hooked on something and is there a way to get at the plugs back there? I've got a gauge cluster with a tach. I'm sure that if I gave it a good tug it may have popped out, but just in the case that it isn't long enough and then I won't be able to hook it back up. Any ideas?

·
Registered
79 Posts
just take it easy.theres four screws holding it in place .put the clear plastic back on.once you loosen the four screws pull it forward youll be able to see a bunch of plugs .just reach behind there and press the little tabs in the middle of the plug and they should pop right off.then replace your bulbs and put everything back together again in reverse.good luck

·
Registered
475 Posts
"got the clear plate out"

I assume you mean you removed the 4 screws where the black feet were attached and the entire gauge consol is now free because you don't need to remove the clear cover.

I had the same problem you did. Like you mentioned, it seems as if it is stuck. This could be a possibility since the cable is rigid and curves up inside the firewall comparment before leading to the guage consol. If you can some how tilt the consol and reach in to bring the main wire wrap forward a bit. The cable is not long at all so you wouldn't be able to pull it forward very far. To remove any bulbs you will need to tilt the consol forward and swing it to the left...that is about as much play with it as you will get but enough to change bulbs.

If you have trouble getting this back together just PM me, I wrote up a 9 step guide how to do this or you can just search the forum for the word "consol" I guess or "burnt out bulbs"

Later,
Greg

E

·
0 Posts
hey
yea the same thing happened with mine, what you can do instead of messin around with a little bit of space is pop the hood and look for the solo wire, the speedo, that goes straight into the axel., there should be one screw holding it in, unscrew it pull that out and make sure it is kept clean like cover it with a rag or something, and then pull the wire out, then you should have enough slack to pull out the cluster and change them darn bulbs....hope it works out 4 ya...peace:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts