Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Pathfinder and suddenly the gas tank must be filled very slowly. If you try to fill it fast a large amount of fuel blows out the filler hole. Trying various positions for the gas nozzle doe not ghange the situation. The vehicle runs fine and there has been no change to consumption. It takes forever to fill.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I have a 2002 Pathfinder and suddenly the gas tank must be filled very slowly. If you try to fill it fast a large amount of fuel blows out the filler hole. Trying various positions for the gas nozzle doe not ghange the situation. The vehicle runs fine and there has been no change to consumption. It takes forever to fill.
The float inside the fuel tank is probably seized. In normal use the float rises as the tank fills up with fuel and eventually stops fuel from entering the tank.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I had a TSB on a vehicle for the same thing, There is a valve just like the one at the top of the filler neck down where the filler hose goes into the tank, it's a one way valve and when it malfunctions, fuel only seeps by it, it doesn't open at all..It was fun to replace by the way..lol..Required a tank drop for a $2 part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts