Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was just watching TV, and I see this thing, its a circle thing you put over the carbourator or into the air intake, and it is supposed to increase gas mileage and make the performance better by 5-20hp. Is this another scam to get you to buy something? It is supposed to spiral the air coming in, and therefore give a better mixture, and therefore give you better gas mileage per tank. 5 Minute install. What is your say on this?

Does this forum sport its own BS flag?

Link

·
Registered
154 Posts
a big exhaust tip also gives those numbers, along with various stickers.
The plastic fan in intake seems like it would block airflow rather than help.

·
Driver
736 Posts
It doesn't work. I actually bought one back in '96(I didn't know better), and while really low-end power felt a little better(probably placebo), from 2500rpm and up I couldn't feel a difference. Oh yeah, mileage didn't change any measurable amount either.

G

·
0 Posts
mad tiiite yo

so you mean i can get one of those and it will spiral my air and ad liiike 20 HP? with that spiral thingy, and 4 or 5 stickers, and a 3 foot spoiler i should run low 13's!

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You forgot the noisy exhaust, and the huge sound system with some low dragging action(too low). Without those youre most likely to see only mid 13's. :D :D

G

·
0 Posts
Psch91 said:
You forgot the noisy exhaust, and the huge sound system with some low dragging action(too low). Without those youre most likely to see only mid 13's. :D :D
so i should also trade in my alloy rims for some reallys hiny chrome ones? what about those lil nozzle lights? i heard they add another 2-3 hp, i was gonna carbon fiber everything on the interior too, including my seats, hoping to lose some weight :)

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Make sure to have your car painted some obscene color and YELLOW STICKERS LIKE CRAZY! A Type-R sticker always helps keep the 60' numbers down low as well.

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think ill put one of these things in my cat converter, then it will spiral the exhaust fumes so they exit better, therefore gaining another 20hp!! Then I will already have 40hp! Thats almost as good as Project 200sx got with its turbo, BAH, who needs a turbo and waste $3000! When you can do it with two easy addons for like 100 bucks!:D :D :D

G

·
0 Posts
NAAAAAAHHHS

I almost forgot that I have to get a bunch of NAAAAHHHHS stickers. I should probably put like 10 canisters of NAAAAHHHS in my trunk so people will see how much i can pump into my engine, i'm sayin that's a good 1000 HP more, i'm gonna have a 10 second car soon!

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
Psch91 said:
I think ill put one of these things in my cat converter, then it will spiral the exhaust fumes so they exit better, therefore gaining another 20hp!! Then I will already have 40hp! Thats almost as good as Project 200sx got with its turbo, BAH, who needs a turbo and waste $3000! When you can do it with two easy addons for like 100 bucks!:D :D :D
You may think you're joking, but check NPM from a few months back. There's a picture of a muffler with a fan from some auto show.

·
Registered
672 Posts
lets not forget those sticker-letters you can make words out of on your car. "rice" gains you 45 hp and "nascar" nets you almost 35, 55 on an integra!

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Okay well whats wrong with a having a fire extinguisher in your car?? You might need it, im not saying on your car but lets say there is an accident, that little thing could help. About the stickers, whats wrong with having a NOS sticker on your car if you do have NOS. Of course they dont add HP but some people like promoting what they have on their car. Now putting a Type-R sticker or badge or a GT-R badge or sticker when in fact your car is not, is just plain wrong.

·
SE Limited
791 Posts
maybe we forgot what the guy was asking...

but about the tornado.. like these guys said.. i dont think its gonna help.. it sounds like it would do wonders.. by taking the air and spinning it into the air intake manifold.. causeing some sort of special air thing... i cant remember what they said it does to the air by spinning it.. i know its not like a ga16deT type thing.. but its supposed to do something.. otherthan spin.. but i know how all of you feel.. but what none of you feel at the moment.. is the feeling of getting the whole front end replaced because of an accident last night.. and about the "spinning fan" on the exhust.. yeah.. i think ractive makes it.. its like a spool.. that makes it sound like you have a nice turbo setup.. so anyways.. take care guys.. and some one email me to talk on aol about our sentras.. thanks.. Trav

·
SE Limited
791 Posts
:rolleyes: and whats wrong with having altezza's.. id much rather have something different than this whole red 3 peice thing i had before.. lol

1 - 20 of 71 Posts